PDA

View Full Version : Question About T206 Cy Young Bare Hand

mechanicalman
11-16-2015, 02:55 PM
At the Cleveland National a couple years ago, I picked up this card, graded SGC 45. When looking at it over the last couple years, the thing that bothers me (I'm a centering nut) is that, if you look at the interior black borders, at the top, there seems to be a slight curve on both the left and right side. This prompted me to explore upgrading, but when I look at options on the Bay, it seems this is not an anomaly. Almost all the cards I see, low grade to high, exhibit this curve. My question to the T206 experts is: is this just a coincidence with the cards I'm looking at, or is this symptomatic of all of the issues? If the latter, is there a possible reason for this "defect" based on where the card was in the sheet?

Clearly not a huge problem in my life...just curious about this and debating whether an upgrade is fruitless. Thank you for your opinions.

Here's an 8 with the same "curve." (Not mine)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206-Cy-Young-HOF-Bare-Hand-Shows-SGC-88-NM-MT-8-Piedmont-150-Subjects-/291604394568?hash=item43e4f9f248:g:7JQAAOSwT5tWNcy R

Bpm0014
11-16-2015, 07:25 PM
I have wondered that same question. My Cy Young is worse. Ill try to post a pic soon....