PDA

View Full Version : Full Set of 1950's Red Man Caps?

Metalman
11-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum because I was going through some totes of things I have collected over the years and found 15 Red Man baseball caps.
My dad died in 1994 and these were with the things I acquired when he died. I believe my great grandfather must have got these because he chewed Red Man from the time he was a kid until he died in 1983 at age 94.
These have been in a box or tote as long as I can remember. The only two that show any wear or fading are the Cubs and Brooklyn caps. Some of these are not even cracked on the inner lining.
I am a collector of lot of things but not a baseball memorabilia collector. I feel things like this need to be with someone who appreciates them and not in a tote in a shed What would these be worth if I were to sell them? Also is this the full set?

Thanks,

brookdodger55
11-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Great set, if you were going to break up the set I would tke the brooklyn hat, not sure of the price.

Mike

Found this old link o
From net 54
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=150627

Darner
11-13-2015, 11:50 AM
That's a nice set. It looks like you're only missing the Milwaukee Braves.

Web search pulled up a 2008 auction of 10 caps that went for $2200 and a 2011 auction of 5 caps that finished at $700. Condition matters but probably $100-200 each. Not bad for a box in the back of the shed.

perezfan
11-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Does anyone know which is Cleveland, and which is Cincy?

I see two that look identical, except for the buttons at the top (one red/one blue). Anybody here know which is which? :confused:

Metalman
11-15-2015, 05:23 PM
The hat with the red button is Cleveland. Luckily Cincy and Cleveland were wrote on the inside of these.

JMEnglish27
11-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum because I was going through some totes of things I have collected over the years and found 15 Red Man baseball caps.
My dad died in 1994 and these were with the things I acquired when he died. I believe my great grandfather must have got these because he chewed Red Man from the time he was a kid until he died in 1983 at age 94.
These have been in a box or tote as long as I can remember. The only two that show any wear or fading are the Cubs and Brooklyn caps. Some of these are not even cracked on the inner lining.
I am a collector of lot of things but not a baseball memorabilia collector. I feel things like this need to be with someone who appreciates them and not in a tote in a shed What would these be worth if I were to sell them? Also is this the full set?

Thanks,

The Kansas City cap is gorgeous.

sflayank
11-16-2015, 06:19 PM
hi
emailed you a couple of times
no response
if youre looking to sell the collection
let me know
larry

Metalman
11-24-2015, 08:55 PM
These are now listed on Ebay. I really don't want to try and sell individually due to the amount of inquiries I have had.
Huggins and Scott seem to think these would bring much more than the $2200.00 that 10 sold for, I have really been thinking about sending them to their February auction if nothing happens on Ebay.
Sports memorabilia is way out of my realm, if it was vintage amps, guitars or snowmobiles I would feel much more comfortable. :)
Thanks for all the advice and input!

Tigerden
11-26-2015, 09:24 PM
These are now listed on Ebay. I really don't want to try and sell individually due to the amount of inquiries I have had.
Huggins and Scott seem to think these would bring much more than the $2200.00 that 10 sold for, I have really been thinking about sending them to their February auction if nothing happens on Ebay.
Sports memorabilia is way out of my realm, if it was vintage amps, guitars or snowmobiles I would feel much more comfortable. :)
Thanks for all the advice and input!

Bob McCann sold a run of these hats in great condition a few years ago and most sold for around $100 each (and less in some cases). Good luck with the sale but if someone offered you 2K for the group take the money and run especially if the Cincy and Cleveland hats have writing on them.

Metalman
12-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Discovered the writing was pencil, It wiped right off with a damp cloth.

ooo-ribay
12-02-2015, 09:21 PM
I think you did a nice job with the listing although you may want to list every team's name (maybe you did?). Good luck!

Metalman
01-23-2016, 09:46 AM
After listing these as a full set on Ebay and getting responses from people who only want to try and make a profit by flipping these, I have decided to sell these individually.
I had to test the water but feel by selling individually people who are truly collecting the team they are passionate about can have them at a lower price and without a middleman making a huge profit. I will start listing these on Ebay soon.
If you are interested in a particular team feel free to contact me.

Metalman
03-09-2016, 08:38 PM
These are now listed individually on Ebay.

hawaiian bam bam
03-10-2016, 07:56 PM
cant find these on ebay do you have links to these? thanks

RaidonCollects
03-11-2016, 06:09 AM
cant find these on ebay do you have links to these? thanks

They all sold really quickly, I couldn't get to them in time either :(

-Owen