PDA

View Full Version : A word concerning board friendliness

Leon
11-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Hey Folks
Since there have been a few folks shown the door recently I want to let members know a few thoughts. I want this place to be a more friendly place. If that means losing a few members then so be it. The goal is to never ban anyone but some folks have pushed the limits, minimally with me, too far. I will not let anyone follow anyone else around the board harassing them. And if you think it's funny when people do that then you are going to have less fun on this board in the future. And if you think cute innuendo's and snarkiness are veiled and won't be dealt with, you are wrong.

And still trying to figure out what this is?

http://luckeycards.com/pm116johnsonscrap.jpg

darwinbulldog
11-12-2015, 12:39 PM
Johnson, Washington is correct. :)

batsballsbases
11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Leon,
Snarkiness I like that word but I do believe its 2 ss! LOL;);)

ramram
11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Glad to see it Mr. Luckey. So much for the soap opera forum.

As to the note on the back of the card - doesn't everybody make a quick note, on whatever happens to be available, reminding themselves of what body part still needs cleaning?

Rob M.

nolemmings
11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Snarkiness I like that word but I do believe its 2 ss!

Maybe, or maybe he meant snarkines, which are good on crackers.

Leon
11-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Leon,
Snarkiness I like that word but I do believe its 2 ss! LOL;);)

That letter got cut off :confused: or I messed up .... fixed now.

and yeah, I got that it's Johnson Washington and it looks like an M116. But the question is, what is it? I think some kind of ad cut but not sure.

mybuddyinc
11-12-2015, 12:58 PM
In the midst of the word he was trying to say,
In the midst of his laughter and glee,
He had softly and suddenly vanished away—
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.

--- Lewis Carroll

batsballsbases
11-12-2015, 01:02 PM

and yeah, I got that it's Johnson Washington and it looks like an M116. But the question is, what is it? I think some kind of ad cut but not sure.

Thanks Leon! Carry On! And I to like my snarkines on crackers also>>>:D:D

Leon
11-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks Leon! Carry On! And I to like my snarkines on crackers also>>>:D:D

I used to bring sardines to school in my lunch in elementary. I could actually trade them for some really good stuff (I like them too though) because other kids moms wouldn't buy them for them.

batsballsbases
11-12-2015, 01:12 PM
I used to bring sardines to school in my lunch in elementary. I could actually trade them for some really good stuff (I like them too though) because other kids moms wouldn't buy them for them.

Leon,
Good thing that it was in elementary school and you probably hadnt found GIRLS yet! :D:D:D

Rich Klein
11-12-2015, 01:47 PM
How do you think he attracted the people of the female persuasion.

Leon was always ahead of the game :D

pawpawdiv9
11-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Sold in REA 2013
http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2013/336.html
1911 M116 Sporting Life Proof Collection (65) Including Walter Johnson
Starting Bid - $2,500.00, Sold For - $5,332.50

Click here
to view the photos
Collection of sixty-five different "proof" cards from the M116 Sporting Life set. To the best of our knowledge, each of these M116 proof cards is unique. When these unusual M116 proof cards were purchased as a collection by our consignor years ago, no information about their history accompanied, but it is obvious that if their history could be traced, we would find that they originate from someone involved with the production or printing process. The M116 card set was issued by Sporting Life ("The Paper That Made Baseball Popular"), and by any measure is one of the most important sets of the era. Sporting Life was no doubt encouraged by the success of the popular tobacco cards of the day, and this issue shares a similar design with the tobacco cards of the era. Sporting Life was a major competitor of The Sporting News in the early part of the twentieth century. The Sporting Life set was issued in twenty-four series of twelve cards each, sold by mail for four cents per series. This group contains over one-quarter of the set in "proof" form, with each card missing several key elements of the finished product, namely the player and team identifications on the front and the Sporting Life advertisement on the reverse. In place of the advertisement on the reverse of each card is a pen or pencil notation identifying the player and team depicted (Phillippe has been incorrectly identified as Clarke). All of the cards are hand-cut and some have uneven edges and noticeable size variations. In addition, these proof cards are printed on thinner card stock than normal M116 cards. Twenty-two cards have a nearly identically placed pinhole which may have originated from display on a proofing board during the production process. It is very possible that these cards are early stage production proofs, but the possibility does also exist that they originated from an advertising sheet or poster of some kind that has never been seen and have been cut down to their current sizes. (We don't believe that to be the case as the names and team identifications of the players are completely absent on the fronts, strongly suggesting that these are proof cards utilized by the printer in the production of the set). Either way, they are fascinating representations from this classic and popular set. The collection consists of the following: Ames, Archer, Arrelanes, Beaumont, Bergen, Berger, Bescher, Bradley, Bransfield, Bresnahan (HOF, blue), Bridwell, M. Brown (HOF, blue), Coombs, Coveleskie, Crawford (HOF), Dahlen, Delehanty, Demmitt, Donovan (blue), Doolan, Dougherty, Elberfeld, Fletcher, Gessler, Gibson (blue), Griffith (HOF), Hartsel, Hartzell, Hoffman, Hulswitt, Johnson (HOF), Jones (blue), Jordan (blue), Killifer, Kling, Leach (blue), Lennox, B. Lord, H. Lord (blue), Lush, Magee, McIntyre, McLean, D. Miller, W. Miller, M. Mitchell, Moran, Murphy, Murray, Pelty, Pernoll, Phillippe, Sharpe, Sheckard, C. Smith, Steinfeldt, Stone, B. Sweeney, Tenney (blue), Thomas (blue), Thoney, Titus, Turner, He. Wagner, and Wilson. M116s are one of the most significant and substantial issues of the era, and are considerably scarcer than their tobacco-card counterparts. Interest in printing and production anomalies from within tobacco-card sets, as well as proof cards that are known (most notably cards from the T206 and T3 proof find of the 1970s), has dramatically increased in recent years, making this unusual lot potentially all the more desirable in the modern collecting era. Total: 65 cards. Reserve $2,500. Estimate (open). SOLD FOR $5,332.50

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2013images/Item_24872_1.jpg

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2013images/Item_24872_2.jpg

ALR-bishop
11-12-2015, 01:51 PM
http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/Bishop539/Darwin015.jpg

BeanTown
11-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Way to go Leon and keep up the great work. Being a longtime member going back to the late 90s when Elliot used to run the board, I have noticed changes. Seems we must Read more sarcasum and read everyones opinion about other members and or conspiracy theories.

Seems like some "former members" liked to get up on their soapbox and start flapping their gums to be heard and then acted like they were representing the forum which was completely false.

Overtime I think the negative comments and personal attacks just discouraged people from posting and going public with anything.

I think you have got everything back on track and you provide the hobby as a whole a great valuable service which will benfit all us collectors who are passionate for their hobby.

Hopefully someday we will see more posters than lurkers. Keep doing the Net54 dinners, contest and the BST thread!

nolemmings
11-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Censorship is dangerous--I'm not a fan.

irishdenny
11-12-2015, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=pawpawdiv9;1471957]Sold in REA 2013
http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2013/336.html
1911 M116 Sporting Life Proof Collection (65) Including Walter Johnson
Starting Bid - $2,500.00, Sold For - $5,332.50

I KNeW iT, I Had SeeN'em Before!

"Very Good Chri$!!!"
I had thought that Shammus would be All Over THiS!?

"Johnson Wantabe = Proof... Aye!"

And I do THiNK THaT The Price Has Doubled oN These!!!
LeoN, Your ProviN Eye iS EVeN Keaner The Second TiMe Around!!!

the-illini
11-12-2015, 03:30 PM

Agreed

JeremyW
11-12-2015, 03:39 PM

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I can understand Leon's point to a certain extent, in that innocent hobbyists shouldn't be harassed on a continuous basis. But, that's not what I've seen on this forum. Generally speaking, the posters/dealers/advertisers/auction houses, etc. that receive the snarky comments are the ones that have the problematic issues that continually need to be addressed in order for the hobby & this network of collectors to move forward in a positive way.

By banning longtime posters that disagree with the owner of the forum, I'm afraid we are falling into the PC, don't hurt anyone's feelings, type of discussions.

This forum is by far the best when it comes to pre-war baseball hobby discussions, but I'm starting to think the banishments have become personal, not professional (business). If I'm not mistaken, this forum used to be a place to discuss all aspects of the baseball collecting world. Then it was turned into a business at some point (which is fine by me), but when it becomes a business, you have to begin to set aside the personal issues. I'm a small business owner & if I started banning all the clients that weren't nice to me or that I didn't like, or that offended me, I would lose a small, but important, part of my clientele.

Jeremy W@goner

Leon
11-12-2015, 03:51 PM
I couldn't agree more with this statement. I can understand Leon's point to a certain extent, in that innocent hobbyists shouldn't be harassed on a continuous basis. But, that's not what I've seen on this forum. Generally speaking, the posters/dealers/advertisers/auction houses, etc. that receive the snarky comments are the ones that have the problematic issues that continually need to be addressed in order for the hobby & this network of collectors to move forward in a positive way.

By banning longtime posters that disagree with the owner of the forum, I'm afraid we are falling into the PC, don't hurt anyone's feelings, type of discussions.

This forum is by far the best when it comes to pre-war baseball hobby discussions, but I'm starting to think the banishments have become personal, not professional (business). If I'm not mistaken, this forum used to be a place to discuss all aspects of the baseball collecting world. Then it was turned into a business at some point (which is fine by me), but when it becomes a business, you have to begin to set aside the personal issues. I'm a small business owner & if I started banning all the clients that weren't nice to me or that I didn't like, or that offended me, I would lose a small, but important, part of my clientele.

Jeremy W@goner

One of the four banned will probably be let back soon if he wants to come back. I probably cast too wide of a net. I have needed to take some steps on the board and the ones recently are good in my opinion. Others will definitely disagree. I also agree that censorship, in general, is not a good thing. However, somtimes when you are part of a community then you have to give up a few rights to be a part of it. One right they had to give up was the act of continuing to badger me. Three of the four were culprits in my opinion. And lastly, this isn't a business it's a job. Trust me. If I take a cut in pay because of my actions I am fine with it.

ramram
11-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Leon was not "elected". He can do as he wishes. If people don't like it, they can move on. That's the democratic part of the equation. Leon has shown plenty of restraint through the years but it's time to get the message out that everybody is welcome - just don't start being an a**hole.

Rob M.

JeremyW
11-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Leon- Were the banishments professional or personal decisions? Honestly speaking, it appears to be a personal thing to me. I might be in the minority here, but banning the guys you did, hurts the forum for me. You might be fine with the pay cut, but eventually it will catch up with you. Again, that's only my opinion. Jeremy

JeremyW
11-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Rob- I agree with everything you said, besides the democratic part. Leon has shown much restraint, but it's more of a dictatorship than democracy.

Leon
11-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Leon- Were the banishments professional or personal decisions? Honestly speaking, it appears to be a personal thing to me. I might be in the minority here, but banning the guys you did, hurts the forum for me. You might be fine with the pay cut, but eventually it will catch up with you. Again, that's only my opinion. Jeremy

It was personal in as much as they were badgering me. I am sorry it hurts the forum for you but it will help the forum for others (and me).

ramram
11-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Rob- I agree with everything you said, besides the democratic part. Leon has shown much restraint, but it's more of a dictatorship than democracy.

My subdivision has rules to abide by just like this forum. If you don't abide by those rules you pay the price. It's for the betterment of all that reside within that space. Much like it is here. It's not about being a democracy on here, it's about decency. I've been a member on here for probably 20 years and one of the original "good guys" doesn't even post on here anymore because of the personal abuse. I would rather read his posts all day long rather than reading abusive posts directed at him and others.

Rob M.

Leon
11-12-2015, 04:41 PM
One of the four banned will probably be let back soon if he wants to come back. I probably cast too wide of a net. I have needed to take some steps on the board and the ones recently are good in my opinion. Others will definitely disagree. I also agree that censorship, in general, is not a good thing. However, somtimes when you are part of a community then you have to give up a few rights to be a part of it. One right they had to give up was the act of continuing to badger me. Three of the four were culprits in my opinion. And lastly, this isn't a business it's a job. Trust me. If I take a cut in pay because of my actions I am fine with it.

In reflection I don't think Jeff should have been suspended/banned for what he said. He is now back. That being said I still really want the board to be a more friendly place. I will continue to take steps to make that happen.

sbfinley
11-12-2015, 04:57 PM

In principle, yes, but in my experience this has been one of the most open boards in the hobby. It's next closest competitor (even that's even the right word) deletes threads on a daily basis if a business partner is named at all while at the same time letting havoc run wild unabated.

pokerplyr80
11-12-2015, 05:01 PM
My opinion is that as the owner of this forum Leon is free to do as he pleases. We don't pay to belong to his forum. If someone walked into any business and started arguing with the owner, right or wrong, there is a good chance he would be asked not to return.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
11-12-2015, 05:19 PM
If you're looking at this forum comparing it to a business, there are many current studies that recommend firing your worst customers (bottom 10%) because they create the most headaches and take up a much larger percentage of your time which is unprofitable.

BeanTown
11-12-2015, 05:23 PM
If you're looking at this forum comparing it to a business, there are many current studies that recommend firing your worst customers (bottom 10%) because they create the most headaches and take up a much larger percentage of your time which is unprofitable.

I think Ebay did that where the bottom 5% attributed to 80% of their problems.

gregr2
11-12-2015, 05:32 PM
That being said I still really want the board to be a more friendly place. I will continue to take steps to make that happen.

Agree and thanks.

CMIZ5290
11-12-2015, 05:38 PM

I have this card in a PSA 7oc if anyone needs it....;)

TAVG
11-12-2015, 05:43 PM
I have nothing but nice things to say about the board. I have been shown generosity many times even here recently when around 10 members sent me free vintage cardinals cards to help with my collection.

I love this board and have learned a lot from the members.

Exhibitman
11-12-2015, 07:27 PM

That is a really good point. I recently fired a profitable but utterly impossible client. 10% of my revenue but 89% of my a-holes.

obcbobd
11-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Thanks Leon! I appreciate all your efforts in keeping this a more Civil Board

Bob Donaldson (I shouldn't have to sign, because I don't think that was a controversial statement, but I will anyways!)

bobbyw8469
11-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks Leon! I appreciate all your efforts in keeping this a more Civil Board

+1 Much better than alternatives.

Peter_Spaeth
11-13-2015, 07:36 AM
+1 Much better than alternatives.

As I understand it, you no longer have an alternative. :D

Mikehealer
11-13-2015, 07:57 AM

I'm in the minority as well, Jeremy. It hurts the forum for me as well and I bet we are not alone. I thought Jeff and John(not sure who the others banned are) contributed greatly to the board.

the-illini
11-13-2015, 08:09 AM
I'm in the minority as well, Jeremy. It hurts the forum for me as well and I bet we are not alone. I thought Jeff and John(not sure who the others banned are) contributed greatly to the board.

Same here. I am glad Jeff is back and I hope John returns soon as well.

drmondobueno
11-13-2015, 08:12 AM

Agree with you to a point. I always understood Net54 to be a place to go and discuss, share, and on occasion, to point out issues concerning a hobby gone positively and absolutely mad, our passion for collecting. In many cases it is a way of life - baseball certainly was when I was much younger- and, for guys like Leon - hello, Leon! - a way to make a living. And most certainly, the elephant in the room is money. And all the.... Uh, stuff in this hobby that comes with it.

I have personally avoided participation recently as I noticed the board turning ugly, IMHO. Several recent threads turned into feeding frenzies. Really a turn off for me. Gotta be honest here, if I wanted confrontation, I'd move back to L A.

Keep it real, but keep it civil. Funny works, too.

By the way, I sold my T206 set recently at auction and have yet to regret it. Too much. I kept a hundred or so dupes, mostly lower condition and ungraded. There is something charming about a beater that speaks to the human condition, at least to me. Human creation, artistry, inventiveness, frailty, time and entropy, the celebration of sport, achievement, a life well lived and honored with a piece of mishandled cardboard by ten year olds. As Tom Waits has said, I don't wanna grow up.

Peace

Keith Temple

sportscardpete
11-13-2015, 08:15 AM
The board benefits from a combination of newer collectors and the "old, grizzly" vets. And just like life the older vets (in any industry) might be more opinionated or difficult to deal with.

So, not to side with anyone on who should/shouldn't be banned, but the less vets we have on the board the worse off it is for the newer collectors.

Mikehealer
11-13-2015, 08:17 AM
Same here. I am glad Jeff is back and I hope John returns soon as well.

Maybe the new owners will let him back in.

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=39919#more-39919

Leon
11-13-2015, 08:29 AM

Pretty close to the only thing true is he spelled my name correctly.

I have told many close friends there would be some repercussions to the actions that needed to be taken. I will agree that unfortunately it had gotten to be about the money (somewhat) and I didn't take these steps sooner. So far so good.

Mikehealer
11-13-2015, 08:39 AM

I have told many close friends there would be some rerpercussions to the actions that needed to be taken. So far so good.

At least he can spell, a lot of people can't do that. That sale price, wow, that's a lot of Blue Sky.

frankbmd
11-13-2015, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post

I have told many close friends there would be some rerpercussions to the actions that needed to be taken. So far so good.

I've been waiting for this to pop up. I saw it late last night. If it is true (and I doubt it), I plan to be selling the Monster Number thread as well. Perhaps as a Live Auction.:D

Net54 is a zoo of diversity with a common thread tying the animals together. Everyone is free to decide who the rats are. I have been impressed with Leon's tolerance of some of the crap in the past not involving him personally. I also understand to some degree the recent bannings.

None of us are angels, but if the site implodes I fear that more will suffer from the loss than benefit from it, but then again it is only a chat board.;)

Carry on.

Mikehealer
11-13-2015, 08:46 AM
I'll go up to $3 for the Monster Thread. :)

frankbmd
11-13-2015, 08:51 AM
I'll go up to $3 for the Monster Thread. :)

I'll start it at a nickel, but will consider your $3 as a MAX BID.;)

Mikehealer
11-13-2015, 08:56 AM
I'll start it at a nickel, but will consider your $3 as a MAX BID.;)

What's the juice?

bobbyw8469
11-13-2015, 09:04 AM
As I understand it, you no longer have an alternative. :D

Oh...don't kid yourself. There are ALWAYS alternatives :-p. Whether one chooses to take them or not is up to the individual.

frankbmd
11-13-2015, 09:07 AM
What's the juice?

$5000.00 flat rate.

The more you bid the lower the percentage.:D

T206Collector
11-13-2015, 09:11 AM
I have never seen Leon use his moderator authority to limit hobby-healthy discourse about the age-old concerns that plague us - fraud, shilling, doctoring, etc. The board had become a soap box for some to publicize what would normally be fair opinions, but all-too-often come laced with personal shots against other members. When a good argument turns into holier-than-thou name-calling, intelligence-comparing, and (unfriendly) grammar-policing it devalues the quality and substance of the discourse for all of us. Far from the risks of censorship referenced above, Leon's actions actually have the opposite effect of promoting the free exchange of ideas, without the worry of a personal retort. At least, I am certain that this is Leon's intent, and it is a noble one. I, for one, applaud the effort.

drmondobueno
11-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I have never seen Leon use his moderator authority to limit hobby-healthy discourse about the age-old concerns that plague us - fraud, shilling, doctoring, etc. The board had become a soap box for some to publicize what would normally be fair opinions, but all-too-often come laced with personal shots against other members. When a good argument turns into holier-than-thou name-calling, intelligence-comparing, and (unfriendly) grammar-policing it devalues the quality and substance of the discourse for all of us. Far from the risks of censorship referenced above, Leon's actions actually have the opposite effect of promoting the free exchange of ideas, without the worry of a personal retort. At least, I am certain that this is Leon's intent, and it is a noble one. I, for one, applaud the effort.

+1. Well said.

drmondobueno
11-13-2015, 09:32 AM
$5000.00 flat rate.

The more you bid the lower the percentage.:D

How about a BST transacton with, say, a timeshare arrangement? I have a brand spanking new 1976 Menko medium small disc set of 12, with 6 Japanese HOFers, custody to remain with the present owner, for 225 Japanese yen (around $2.20). FYI, trade retail value of $19.99, plus shipping, book value of $110. Visitation rights twice annually, at a time and place to be negotiated. In kind, owner and proprietor of "What's your monster number" will consider adding an alumni section consisting of retired, or sold, sets from Net54 members...yadda yadda

nolemmings
11-13-2015, 10:01 AM
It Ain't Censorship If It Promotes Healthy Discussion

Um, yes it is. You can approve of it, but strictly speaking, it is still censorship.

And, sorry, I do not applaud the recent banishments, which as I understand have been lifted.

Talk amongst yourselves.

japhi
11-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Would anyone that posts here continue to let a neighbor in to your dinner parties that pee's on the seat and gets in fights with the other guests?

I owned a pretty high traffic forum back in the day and closed it down because of the number of assholes that forums attract. And for what it's worth this is the most liberal board I've ever seen, you can trash the owner, post links to Haul of Shame articles and very little goes poof.

And seriously, how does an adult get banned from a community like this? Are the guys getting banned from forums like this getting kicked out of bars and movie theaters? Getting in fights at Thanksgiving with the in-laws?

sportscardpete
11-13-2015, 10:33 AM
the issue here is that the people that are banned still offer considerable insight and transparency to their collection. Rob may be "snarky" (I can see why people would say that, but I find his posts quite humorous), but he is also incredibly helpful if you ask him, and is extremely fair with all his BST listings (a bit of a rarity on the forum).

Jeff + Wonka are also the very few who have considerable collections, and share these with the forum overall. Many others remain silent.

Again not agreeing/disagreeing, but I think people banned on other forums bring ZERO to the table.

Yoda
11-13-2015, 10:34 AM
Matt, I liked your response. Having had some experience with trying to deal with the dickheads on my old board, Fullcount, I sympathize with my old friend Leon's predicament on how to tame the crazy's on his forum. Regrettably, I had to shut down Fullcount after my lawyer spoke of potential liabilities. First amendment rights are, of course, critical in our democratic society, but whatever happened to common courtesy? We need the forum's platform to cry out. Who else is going to listen to us? John

Bocabirdman
11-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Bottom line folks......This is Leon's baby/heartache/headache. He makes the calls. Chances are, not everybody is going to agree with every one he makes. As the constipated man said, "Tough Sh*t".:D:rolleyes::eek::)

bobbyw8469
11-13-2015, 10:53 AM
Again not agreeing/disagreeing, but I think people banned on other forums bring ZERO to the table.

Depends on their reason for getting banned. Mine was because people were calling me at my job trying to get me fired. I complained about it and got banned. Does that seem fair to you? Blame the victim?

bobbyw8469
11-13-2015, 10:59 AM
..and before you begin to doubt me, I can honestly tell you that happened. Some forum members are nothing more than big pieces of shit. That is a shitty move, to do something like that to someone just because you have a disagreement with them on an internet board.

Oh, I forgot, they also posted personal information about me on another forum board (not PSA)...how would you feel if someone did that to you? Put yourself in another man's shoes....

glchen
11-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Depends on their reason for getting banned. Mine was because people were calling me at my job trying to get me fired. I complained about it and got banned. Does that seem fair to you? Blame the victim?

I don't think Pete was trying to lump you in that group, Bobby. More talking about generalities where on some boards there are a bunch of trolls, just trying to stir up arguments.

Jeff_cvc
11-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Agree with you to a point. I always understood Net54 to be a place to go and discuss, share, and on occasion, to point out issues concerning a hobby gone positively and absolutely mad, our passion for collecting. In many cases it is a way of life - baseball certainly was when I was much younger- and, for guys like Leon - hello, Leon! - a way to make a living. And most certainly, the elephant in the room is money. And all the.... Uh, stuff in this hobby that comes with it.

I have personally avoided participation recently as I noticed the board turning ugly, IMHO. Several recent threads turned into feeding frenzies. Really a turn off for me. Gotta be honest here, if I wanted confrontation, I'd move back to L A.

Keep it real, but keep it civil. Funny works, too.

By the way, I sold my T206 set recently at auction and have yet to regret it. Too much. I kept a hundred or so dupes, mostly lower condition and ungraded. There is something charming about a beater that speaks to the human condition, at least to me. Human creation, artistry, inventiveness, frailty, time and entropy, the celebration of sport, achievement, a life well lived and honored with a piece of mishandled cardboard by ten year olds. As Tom Waits has said, I don't wanna grow up.

Peace

Keith Temple

Keith, I really appreciate your approach about the board and the charm of a beater ++++1

sportscardpete
11-13-2015, 11:33 AM

I should of wrote 99%.. I did not mean you at all just saying that most people who are banned are trolls (not you).. but I do think you need a snickers bar

bobbyw8469
11-13-2015, 11:38 AM
I should of wrote 99%.. I did not mean you at all just saying that most people who are banned are trolls (not you).. but I do think you need a snickers bar

LMAO!!! That's my normal demeanor!

vintagetoppsguy
11-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Some forum members are nothing more than big pieces of shit.

You mean ex-forum members. Bill Holler is no longer a forum member :D

Then again, he might have an alt somewhere.

drmondobueno
11-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Some forum members are nothing more than big pieces of shit...

Yup. And some are downright hilarious. Adrian, among others.....yo, Adrian.