PDA

View Full Version : Card Shops in Ireland ???

Joshchisox08
11-12-2015, 04:05 AM
I know I should have asked this way before but. Leaving for Ireland Co. Clare County tomorrow night at 6PM. I'll be there for about 8 days.

Anyone know of any card shops??? I'd love to find some pre-war stuff over there. I've seen some guy sell T206s on eBay from Ireland quite a few times.

It's a long shot but if anyone knows anything let me know. I may try to bring my laptop with me.

Should have traded for Buck so he could visit Ireland :rolleyes:

RGold
11-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Josh, could you do me a favor? If you find a Kansas City Royals Gift Shop over there, would you buy me a few World Series sweatshirts?

I have been too busy to look, so I do not know if there is a Kansas City Royals Gift Shop here in Kansas City.

Let me know, thanks.

wondo
11-12-2015, 05:04 AM
Josh,

I work for an Irish company that is headquartered in Limerick. I sent up the bat signal. Of course, I have no idea how close Limerick is to Clare County.

iwantitiwinit
11-12-2015, 05:14 AM
U might have better luck looking for a shop that offers cards of golfers.

Joshchisox08
11-12-2015, 05:47 AM
Josh,

I work for an Irish company that is headquartered in Limerick. I sent up the bat signal. Of course, I have no idea how close Limerick is to Clare County.

Believe it or not Limerick is quite close haha

Peter_Spaeth
11-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Josh, could you do me a favor? If you find a Kansas City Royals Gift Shop over there, would you buy me a few World Series sweatshirts?

I have been too busy to look, so I do not know if there is a Kansas City Royals Gift Shop here in Kansas City.

Let me know, thanks.

The Royals are more popular in England, you could try there.

RaidonCollects
11-12-2015, 07:04 AM
The Royals are more popular in England, you could try there.

Trust me, over here 99.99% of people don't know who Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle is. :(

~Owen

Jobu
11-12-2015, 07:09 AM
If you remember who it is, send the eBay seller a message.

ALR-bishop
11-12-2015, 08:22 AM
I think Peter is right. A Londoner need not know about Mick or Babe to appreciate the Royals

frankbmd
11-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Let me know, thanks.

Ron,

I think they would be less expensive in Bangkok. My wife leaves in a couple of weeks. I will have her find a few. Is 8XL still the correct size? They run small, you know.

ALR-bishop
11-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Frank--if it would not be too much of a bother, could you have her bring me back a Royal Barge

kmac32
11-12-2015, 10:27 AM
While there could you look for some naked Leprechan cards. Preferably ones with a map for the pot of gold.

ZiggerZagger
11-12-2015, 11:33 AM
The eBay Seller is: liffeystynx

Really nice mid-grade T206's from time to time. I've bought from him on several occasions. His cards always ship from Ireland, and somehow arrive in record time!

Message him and see what he has to say.

darwinbulldog
11-12-2015, 12:37 PM
I know I should have asked this way before but. Leaving for Ireland Co. Clare County tomorrow night at 6PM. I'll be there for about 8 days.

Anyone know of any card shops??? I'd love to find some pre-war stuff over there. I've seen some guy sell T206s on eBay from Ireland quite a few times.

It's a long shot but if anyone knows anything let me know. I may try to bring my laptop with me.

Should have traded for Buck so he could visit Ireland :rolleyes:

My family is from County Clare. And by family, I mean two of my great-great-great-grandparents, with several others hailing from Cork, Kerry, and Tipperary. They did not mention any card shops anywhere in Munster at the time of the famine.

mybuddyinc
11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Cards in Ireland :(

BEER in Ireland :D

But, seriously, check out some shops. Check for old golf, cricket, boxing, football (i.e. soccer), etc. Check them vs. ebay, you may find some deals.

Even more seriously, have a pint (or 2) for me !!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Yoda
11-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Having lived in the UK for many years and having visited Ireland many times for golf, Guinness and local color, I can almost say categorically it is a dry hole as far as vintage baseball cards is concerned; however, if you are looking for cards of fish, flowers, soccer players, entertainers and so on then that is your place. If by any chance though, you run across any T215 Pirates, pls let me know and I will be on the next plane with a bag full of money.

irishdenny
11-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Josh, GoiN ta the Homeland Aye!

Well, its been a bit...
But THiS WHaT I have found!
There are many Small Shops that Sell "Different Kinds & Types of items".
When You come across one, Just ask fir "Tobacco Cards"!
I TRuLy Don't Believe THaT there are many folk who would even know what a T206 MiGHT Be!?

With THaT Said...
You Will Be AmaZed at WHaT You Will FiND iN These Little Shops of Treasure!

But You'll HaVe ta LooK Hard FiR'em...
Ask Around fir "Junk Shops"

Good Luck oN Your Hunt!
And By All means... Please Let uS Know WhaT Ya FiND Aye!!!

Joshchisox08
11-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Josh, GoiN ta the Homeland Aye!

Well, its been a bit...
But THiS WHaT I have found!
There are many Small Shops that Sell "Different Kinds & Types of items".
When You come across one, Just ask fir "Tobacco Cards"!
I TRuLy Don't Believe THaT there are many folk who would even know what a T206 MiGHT Be!?

With THaT Said...
You Will Be AmaZed at WHaT You Will FiND iN These Little Shops of Treasure!

But You'll HaVe ta LooK Hard FiR'em...
Ask Around fir "Junk Shops"

Good Luck oN Your Hunt!
And By All means... Please Let uS Know WhaT Ya FiND Aye!!!

Thank ye Denny for an honest response. I shall drink a pint in your name !!!

Joshchisox08
11-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Cards in Ireland :(

BEER in Ireland :D

But, seriously, check out some shops. Check for old golf, cricket, boxing, football (i.e. soccer), etc. Check them vs. ebay, you may find some deals.

Even more seriously, have a pint (or 2) for me !!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Beer appears to be very low ABV which I'm dissapointed with. But it's beer :D

Joshchisox08
11-12-2015, 06:06 PM
The eBay Seller is: liffeystynx

Really nice mid-grade T206's from time to time. I've bought from him on several occasions. His cards always ship from Ireland, and somehow arrive in record time!

Message him and see what he has to say.

Thanks Jason I knew I wasn't crazy !!!

btcarfagno
11-12-2015, 09:10 PM
I bought some baseball n29's from a gent in England. Mid to high grade and priced fairly well.

Tom C

tombocombo
11-12-2015, 10:00 PM
When last in Ireland I mentioned collecting of baseball cards. None to be found, although a few seemed interested in the idea. In 1980-81 Topps issued a soccer set in three-fold, same as the basketball. In the 1980's to early 90's I had seen Topps usually tiffany like stock on various issues.