PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 1954 Aaron

Vintagevault13
11-08-2015, 11:24 AM
I bought this 1954 Aaron a couple of years ago. It is obviously low grade, but I am fine with it as it is for my PC and I plan to pass it on to my son. I have thought about sending it to a TPG, but haven't because I really don't collect graded and I am not concerned about a grade. The only reason I would consider sending to a TPG would be for authentication only. I have done some research on fake Aarons and this appears to be good, but would value your opinions on the card''s authenticity. One other item, I have measured it against other 52-56 Topps in my collection and the size matches up.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

vintagehofrookies
11-08-2015, 11:47 AM
looks good to me

pokerplyr80
11-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Looks good to me as well.

pawpawdiv9
11-08-2015, 12:29 PM
good. If grading not a big deal, perhaps see about getting Hank signed the card somewhere. Now that be a big day for you and the kid to share, then have it PSA/DNA graded to protect it.

Vintagevault13
11-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Thanks guys for the opinions. Glad to see that you think it is authentic. I thought it was, but I value the expertise of the members here so this definitely gives me peace of mind.

Chris, great idea about getting the autograph. I live just north of Atlanta so maybe I can do this. Any idea if Hank does autograph signings these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PolarBear
11-08-2015, 12:34 PM
Looks good.

pawpawdiv9
11-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys for the opinions. Glad to see that you think it is authentic. I thought it was, but I value the expertise of the members here so this definitely gives me peace of mind.

Chris, great idea about getting the autograph. I live just north of Atlanta so maybe I can do this. Any idea if Hank does autograph signings these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may want to ask the autograph guys in the memoribilla section here. One of the board members here (Ian) got a 54 Hank Aaron signed. Thread: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=213578&highlight=waukesha
http://www.net54baseball.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=210556&stc=1&d=1446531326
I did see your location, probably in the Norcross/Alpharetta area your in,as i am up in the NW quad of Ga., but do a ton of work down in those areas. So maybe perhaps when they get that COBB crackers Stadium built, that Hank may have an appearance. But i dont know if and when or what Hanks does. Still think its a great idea for ya todo, if possible.

Here was details of his last signing, i referred about:
October 2015

On Saturday, October 24, 2015, Hank Aaron will be signing autographs at Waukesha Sports Cards in Waukesha, Wisconsin.

Location/ Address:

Waukesha Sports Cards
821 Meadowbrook Road, #14
Waukesha, WI 53188

Time: TO BE DETERMINED

Bring Your Own Item - Autograph Prices

Baseball Cards: $299.99
Baseball and Photos (Up to 16x20): $349.99
O/S Photos, Art or Canvas: $399.99
Bats, Hats and Helmets: $499.99
Jerseys: $599.99

Inscription Prices: $159.00

Each item will come with a Waukesha Sports Cards Certificate of authenticity. Prices and schedule are subject to change. Player reserves the right to refuse any item. Visit Waukesha Sports Cards for more information.

pokerplyr80
11-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Is it just me or do those prices seem pretty high? Can't you buy a Hank Aaron auto ball for less than 300? A jersey for less than 600, etc?

pawpawdiv9
11-09-2015, 08:51 AM
I was wondering that too, when i posted the info. Maybe board member Ian, will chime in here on his card (that i posted) and what it cost him.

itjclarke
11-09-2015, 11:15 PM
I was wondering that too, when i posted the info. Maybe board member Ian, will chime in here on his card (that i posted) and what it cost him.

Hey chris, just seeing this. So I paid the $299 flat rate fee for the auto, and $6 for shipping. I got a nice deal on the card, as I feel it was severely undergraded (3), and also had a 5x bid bucks promotion at the time. All in all, my out of pocket was a little over $900, which seemed a relative good deal given current market for his signed rookie.

I agree with the auto price for other items, especially balls, since they can be had for substantially less than the auto asking price.

rjackson44
11-10-2015, 07:47 AM
nice work lan