PDA

View Full Version : eBay buyer wants money back--policy?

GregMitch34
10-30-2015, 01:37 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but I've just received my first ever request/demand for a full refund and for a somewhat pricy item (and PSA Mint no less). His reason is simply "changed my mind." I have one of those "14 day return" policies and eBay's note to me seems to indicate that I have no choice, even given his reason. I presume the "14 day return" means no questions asked? Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

bobbyw8469
10-30-2015, 01:39 PM
I would take back the return and block him as quickly. Relist the item, and never deal with him again.

Stonepony
10-30-2015, 01:41 PM
I would take back the return and block him as quickly. Relist the item, and never deal with him again.

1+

PolarBear
10-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Yep, you're going to have no choice. Ebay will force it. Give him a refund, but I wouldn't do it until you get the card back.

As far as the reason for wanting the refund, honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't care. At least the guy is being honest and isn't trying to claim the card looks like crap in hand or something stupid like that.

Return policies should always be no questions asked.

vintagetoppsguy
10-30-2015, 01:50 PM
I would take back the return and block him as quickly. Then share his username with the rest of the board so we can block him too. Relist the item, and never deal with him again.

Corrected :D

Sean1125
10-30-2015, 01:53 PM
You must give him his money back, don't argue. Get your items back.

h2oya311
10-30-2015, 01:55 PM
FWIW, and if it's a concern of yours, you will get your ebay insertion fees, final value fees, and paypal fees credited back to you, so that won't be an issue.

Hopefully the buyer who changed his mind will at least have the courtesy of paying for return shipping and not put it on you. But who knows these days in the "buyer-friendly" world of eBay.

ls7plus
10-30-2015, 05:36 PM

+1.

Larry

1952boyntoncollector
10-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Yep, you're going to have no choice. Ebay will force it. Give him a refund, but I wouldn't do it until you get the card back.

As far as the reason for wanting the refund, honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't care. At least the guy is being honest and isn't trying to claim the card looks like crap in hand or something stupid like that.

+1

wolf441
10-30-2015, 07:09 PM

I agree you really have no choice, but this has happened to me as well and it seems like a pretty crappy policy. It's an auction, not Walmart. eBay needs to start cracking down on buyers who treat auctions like "casual shopping".

1952boyntoncollector
10-30-2015, 07:29 PM
I agree you really have no choice, but this has happened to me as well and it seems like a pretty crappy policy. It's an auction, not Walmart. eBay needs to start cracking down on buyers who treat auctions like "casual shopping".

well an ebay auction is casual shopping....when I have a direct buy chance off ebay..I not only factor in the savings in ebay fees , I factor in that I will actually sell the card versus later issues that can happen on ebay with refunds....there are advantages in ebay as well...but I easily take less than just ebay fees from a direct buyer ..lots of headaches can be avoided..

toledo_mudhen
10-31-2015, 05:38 AM
As eBay pretty much requires the "return" policy - I have added verbage that states "returns only accepted on cards that are not as described" & "buyer to pay return shipping". I then do overkill on descriptions and high quality scans.

I havent had ANY requests for return but I suppose when/if it happens then I will also bite the bullet and issue the refund.

Somewhere - Sometime - long ago - eBay was a GREAT idea..................