PDA

View Full Version : What's Been Your Luck with GAI Crossover?

lampertb
10-29-2015, 04:46 AM
Hey there.

I'm just wondering what's been the majority opinion with GAI crossovers to SGC, PSA, and BVG. I'm thinking of the new flip GAI, NOT the old silver flip GAI. Had any luck?

Richard

bobbyw8469
10-29-2015, 04:51 AM
Ugggggggggggggg

asoriano
10-29-2015, 06:27 AM
GAI 6 to EOT

bnorth
10-29-2015, 06:34 AM
My favorites are GAI 10 to SGC authentic because of trimming or GAI 10 to SGC questionable authenticity.

Rich Klein
10-29-2015, 06:53 AM
Their office will be open ib Monday so you can check then

Frank A
10-29-2015, 07:05 AM
I have never had a problem crossing one of thier early graded cards. Every one I sent in came back with a number grade. Some higher than they were. The problem is that most of you guys send them in, in the GAI holder. Try breaking them out first. Frank

timn1
10-29-2015, 11:08 PM
At the 2015 National I crossed a M101-4 Wagner Indianapolis Brewing from GAI 3 to SGC 45- no problem. Submitted it still in the GAI holder.

Early GAI slabs are legit- however, you have to be able to recognize which numbers are early ones (which I can't do myself, but I just knew the Wagner was early cause I had it slabbed myself not long after the company started)-

Tim

1952boyntoncollector
10-30-2015, 07:24 AM
At the 2015 National I crossed a M101-4 Wagner Indianapolis Brewing from GAI 3 to SGC 45- no problem. Submitted it still in the GAI holder.

Early GAI slabs are legit- however, you have to be able to recognize which numbers are early ones (which I can't do myself, but I just knew the Wagner was early cause I had it slabbed myself not long after the company started)-

Tim

Did it once 8 years ago.....1955 Jackie Robinson from a 8 to a trimmed...

Peter_Spaeth
10-30-2015, 07:43 AM
I have never had a problem crossing one of thier early graded cards. Every one I sent in came back with a number grade. Some higher than they were. The problem is that most of you guys send them in, in the GAI holder. Try breaking them out first. Frank

This was my experience as well, with one exception, a VG EX Goudey Ruth with HUGE borders that PSA refused to grade twice. But everything else crossed at the same or a higher grade. But unless I knew a GAI card was from the first few years, I would never risk that now.

1880nonsports
10-31-2015, 07:02 PM
I submitted about 50 cards to them for grading. The submission included many N28 and N29's with some baseball as well as a few other sport N cards. Nearly half were marked with the "first graded" designation (or sumtin like that) which included about 15 of the N29's. To the best of my knowledge they were all original and untrimmed cards - and essentially properly graded. Within a couple/three years - GAI appeared to the hobby populous as unstable with regard to their mission, their consistency, and with a loss of their premier grader came a further erosion of their credibility.
I have since sold and/or re-graded whatever GAI cards I had. Some of my chronology might be off a bit but the essence of my expression remains. I would be wary of later submissions - earlier ones maybe not so much but always buyer beware with any graded card.

no guarantees whether written or implied.

CMIZ5290
10-31-2015, 07:16 PM
delete..

Bretsky
11-01-2015, 06:11 AM

Hello, I have one that I plan on doing this for. How difficult it is to break out? Do you have any tips? Thanks!

MikeGarcia
11-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Hello, I have one that I plan on doing this for. How difficult it is to break out? Do you have any tips? Thanks!

Type in the 'search" box-- " How to crack open slab"---PS wear eye protection--enjoy.

jbl79
11-01-2015, 09:44 AM
E95 Cobb GAI 1.5 that came back a PSA 1.
E98 Cobb GAI 2.5 that came back a PSA 2.

Both I cracked out before submitting.