PDA

View Full Version : Stache-a-Palooza

Brian Van Horn
10-25-2015, 05:47 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-JOHN-TITUS-10-PSA-GRADED-CARD-LOT-VINTAGE-PIEDMONT-SWEET-CAPORAL-1909-11-/111806458328?hash=item1a082f29d8:g:8q4AAOSwLVZVr7~ e

Eric72
10-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Is this being offered by, "the hoarder" I have heard mentioned here on Net54?

Luke
10-25-2015, 05:57 PM
No. The seller bought a lot of 10 from Probstein, and just re-listed them with the same picture. This is the third time it has re-listed, and we have already talked about it before a few months ago.

iwantitiwinit
10-25-2015, 06:34 PM
Paid $1380 I think, his offer price has come down over $800. Why would anyone buy them and try to flip them at more than twice the price. Anyone that knows about the Titus hoarder saw the original offering. At least break up the lot to give yourself a chance to make money.

Sean
10-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Seller is a member here, though he's never actually posted.

JustinD
10-25-2015, 09:15 PM
This has to be one of the most confusing sales originally and the flip has made it even more so.

It stumped me when the consigner allowed this lot to be sold in a lot of ten which was absolutely the worst way to maximize the sale. Then it was a logical flippers lot to break it and hope for making some money.

Instead of that, the flipper is trying to make his money flipping the entire lot for 2k after he attempted to flip for more? Keep in mind this lot consists of three PSA 1's, one PSA 1 MK, two PSA 2's, three PSA 2.5's and a PSA 3.

The last PSA 4 auctioned sold under 200 from PWCC.

At 2k someone would be buying this to spend the time breaking this up, listing and fees on 10 cards and hoping to bust out a profit of about a 100 bucks when all is said and done if they are very lucky at current auction prices. The BINs out there are all at outdated prices, the Titus ship has at least temporarily sailed. The hoarder seems to have stopped and prices are dropping.

1952boyntoncollector
10-25-2015, 10:20 PM
This seller also tries to sell low grade T206s lots..PSA 1 (mk) etc...waaaay above market......

JustinD
10-26-2015, 06:49 AM
The PSA 1 (MK) has always confused me. I wonder if someone can shed some light on this for me.

As you can request no qualifiers, what happens if you request no qualifiers on a 1? They can not lower the grade to remove the qualifier. Seems like a 1 is a 1. If I have a one, I fully expect it to look like it went through the washer and dryer.

Does PSA either refuse to remove the qualifier or reject the submission?

1952boyntoncollector
10-26-2015, 06:59 AM
The PSA 1 (MK) has always confused me. I wonder if someone can shed some light on this for me.

As you can request no qualifiers, what happens if you request no qualifiers on a 1? They can not lower the grade to remove the qualifier. Seems like a 1 is a 1. If I have a one, I fully expect it to look like it went through the washer and dryer.

I think the MK doesn't subtract from the 1 on the registry ..so its still a 1 on the registry unlike if it was a 3 mk..I thought it would be a 1 on the registry

and yeah I don't think they grade it if you cant put a mk on it....but that brings up another point...if you have a 2 mk...they cant subtract 2 on the registry either so maybe up to 5 or so they don't subtract on the registry because would make no sense that a 3 mk card would be a 1 on the registry..

maybe im wrong about all of this..but I thought PSA subtracts 2 from the registry if you have a 8oc for example....and it counts as a 6..

Jobu
10-26-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't know about registry issues, but I know from my recent e107 submission that they will only grade a 1.0 with a mark as a 1.0 (MK). They refuse to grade it simply as 1.0 with no qualifier (that was my request and I discussed this with the grader on the phone). I thought this was odd but didn't argue too much. I wonder if PSA 2.0 and 2.5 with marks also have to have the (MK) designation because there is no room to downgrade them2 grades.

1952boyntoncollector
10-26-2015, 10:10 AM
I don't know about registry issues, but I know from my recent e107 submission that they will only grade a 1.0 with a mark as a 1.0 (MK). They refuse to grade it simply as 1.0 with no qualifier (that was my request and I discussed this with the grader on the phone). I thought this was odd but didn't argue too much. I wonder if PSA 2.0 and 2.5 with marks also have to have the (MK) designation because there is no room to downgrade them2 grades.

right you ask about the psa 2s...but what about the psa 3s...if they are downgraded 2 grades...now the psa 2s mk are higher?

mettoy66
10-26-2015, 12:19 PM
To me it appears the prices on the John Titus T206 are beginning to level off. I am sure the rarer backs will still command a price, but all sales on ebay and here appear to be flat. I have been buying Titus's when not overly overpriced. I am not the hoarder but am a distant relation and live 1/2 block from where Titus did in St. Clair, PA.

JustinD
10-26-2015, 04:14 PM
To me it appears the prices on the John Titus T206 are beginning to level off.

Totally.

It will take the dealers 2 years to price down to demand like usual, but that is over.

If PWCC can't break 200 bucks on a 4, it ain't happening. Their buyers consistently pay at the top of the market.

Edwolf1963
10-26-2015, 04:25 PM
To me it appears the prices on the John Titus T206 are beginning to level off

I haven't paid too much attention to the T206's of late and perhaps this has already been discussed, but the Titus run-up and possible level-off reminds me of the Shaughnessy run a few years ago.

Neal
12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I am considering selling a PSA 3 Sovereign - is that a difficult one to find? I did not see any on VCP

Thanks

GregMitch34
12-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Everything everyone says may be true BUT come on--that Titus PSA 4 you are citing on PWCC as going for $192 was way, way off center, not a good indicator.

Leon
12-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Everything everyone says may be true BUT come on--that Titus PSA 4 you are citing on PWCC as going for $192 was way, way off center, not a good indicator.

Agree- People use VCP and other historical prices blindly but as the hobby continues to mature the best cards (of like technical grade) continue to go for much more than similar grade, but less aesthetically appealing cards. I see 3s and 3.5s all of the time which are priced less than I paid for this Ruth. I have no buyers remorse though......as when it comes time to sell it, it will also bring more than less appealing cards..same as the Titus's being discussed.

http://luckeycards.com/pr319ruth2a.jpg

rjackson44
12-04-2015, 08:40 AM
be patient when buying ,,,,,

the 'stache
12-05-2015, 10:00 AM
For the briefest of moments, I thought a bunch of alternative bands were coming to play at my house.