PDA

View Full Version : Professional card cutting service for oddball, box type cards?

smrtn240
10-25-2015, 10:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone had experience with companies that provide card cutting services for cards like jello, hostess, transogram etc. that are generally removed with scissors by the owner. Seems the value of a high grade copy of these cards is astronomical compared to an authentic grade. Thanks

Kenmarks
10-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Great question. Me too.

bnorth
10-25-2015, 03:14 PM
I have a friend that has a picture framing business and I have used his old non computerized cutter to cut up everything from box bottoms to whole 132 card sheets.

mybestbretts
10-25-2015, 06:28 PM
I have taken mine to a frame shop and paid a small amount cash to get cards cut from sheets. They seem happy to help a card collector.

hcv123
10-26-2015, 07:44 AM
Haven't done full sheets in it, but works well for bazooka, jello, post, etc.

For those of you who cut full sheets - did you try grading them afterwards? grading companies claim to be able to tell the difference?

bnorth
10-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Haven't done full sheets in it, but works well for bazooka, jello, post, etc.

For those of you who cut full sheets - did you try grading them afterwards? grading companies claim to be able to tell the difference?

I have never tried to grade any. I know the modern guys complain a lot about Beckett grading sheet cut cards. For the last few years several unnumbered(missing serial #'s) refractor/super refractor sheets have been cut up and are now in Beckett slabs.

Howard: Would you post a link to or a Model # of they type of cutter you are using? Thanks

steve B
10-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Why cut a complete box? They're usually worth more.

Same for panels.

I can see cutting a card from a wrecked panel, but I don't think I'd pay someone to do it.

Steve B