PDA

View Full Version : Why not just say? '51 Bowman Mantle

Leon
10-25-2015, 09:17 AM
It's not graded so has to be sold as a reprint? Why not just say it's a reprint?
(rhetorical question) ..Ebay should police a bit better..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-BOWMAN-253-MICKEY-MANTLE-ROOKIE-CARD-RC-/111804363170?hash=item1a080f31a2:g:m5UAAOSw~bFWKZ9 q

smrtn240
10-25-2015, 09:25 AM
After reading the description I wonder if oldjoepa is doing the whole ebay route...?

Leon
10-25-2015, 09:27 AM
After reading the description I wonder if oldjoepa is doing the whole ebay route...?

LMAO, you don't konw the half of that comment :).

1952boyntoncollector
10-25-2015, 09:28 AM
free 15 dollars right now...how come you never see questionable but sure as heck reprints just sell at a reprint price $3.00 etc.

Volod
10-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Well, years ago, used car salesmen would put a fantastic price on a high-demand vehicle with an immaculate exterior, but get real annoyed and combative if a buyer wanted to take it off the lot to have it inspected by his own mechanic.

pokerplyr80
10-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Well, years ago, used car salesmen would put a fantastic price on a high-demand vehicle with an immaculate exterior, but get real annoyed and combative if a buyer wanted to take it off the lot to have it inspected by his own mechanic.

Small used car dealerships still do stuff like that. They buy used cars from the dealer auctions that major franchise dealerships decide will cost too much to fix, make them look nice, and sell them as is.

Leon
10-27-2015, 08:22 AM
My brother used to have a small used car lot and went to these auctions and did this exact same thing. It's a big business. Caveat emptor is never more true. I went to quite a few of the auctions and some of them locally would serve a free breakfast (from a breakfuast truck) in the mornings.

Small used car dealerships still do stuff like that. They buy used cars from the dealer auctions that major franchise dealerships decide will cost too much to fix, make them look nice, and sell them as is.

pokerplyr80
10-27-2015, 04:59 PM
My brother used to have a small used car lot and went to these auctions and did this exact same thing. It's a big business. Caveat emptor is never more true. I went to quite a few of the auctions and some of them locally would serve a free breakfast (from a breakfuast truck) in the mornings.

Used cars are always hit or miss, and no offense to your brother, but when my friends and family ask for advice about buying a car I recommend buying from a big store that will certify a used car and have a warranty available. Unless they don't have the credit to go elsewhere or are getting a good enough deal that it will still make sense if they need to spend money on repairs.

I have had a few breakfast burritos from those trucks. They are referred to as roach coaches out here. Also hit or miss.