PDA

View Full Version : GavelSnipe - eBay Network Errors

ngrow9
10-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Just a heads-up to everyone that GavelSnipe is apparently having some network connection issues with eBay today. I had a snipe set for a card that sold 15 minutes ago for a few dollars below my max bid, but GavelSnipe thought that the auction ended ~8 minutes later than it actually did, so my bid never went through.

No big deal for me, as the card wasn't anything special. But just a heads-up in case anyone is relying on GavelSnipe this evening for a more important auction.

JustinD
10-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Hope they get they straightened out soon.

I have nothing big today, but some huge stuff while I am at a wedding tomorrow.

unamuzd1
10-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Just a heads-up to everyone that GavelSnipe is apparently having some network connection issues with eBay today. I had a snipe set for a card that sold 15 minutes ago for a few dollars below my max bid, but GavelSnipe thought that the auction ended ~8 minutes later than it actually did, so my bid never went through.

No big deal for me, as the card wasn't anything special. But just a heads-up in case anyone is relying on GavelSnipe this evening for a more important auction.
I had the same thing happened. What made me feel really dumb was that I had the auction window open and clicked back over right as the snipe should've gone off, only to see... nothing. And Gavelsnipe counting down like its server clocks are off or something.

Someone got a slightly better deal than they would've, and the seller lost a few bucks. But yeah, I'm glad I don't have any important snipes set for tonight.

egbeachley
10-23-2015, 05:42 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. FYI, it's probable that you wouldn't have won the card anyway, assuming the winner's bid was a few dollars more.