PDA

View Full Version : Is ebay seller djsportscollectibles here?

doug.goodman
10-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Hi (assuming you are on the boards) -

I am blocked from bidding in your auctions, and I have no idea why. Would you be so kind as to unblock me, please?

I have seen multiple items sell for considerably less than I would have bid in your auctions. A Koufax scorecard that I needed went for about $30 a month or so ago, I would have bid double that, maybe even more.

I would apologize for whatever I did to get banned, but I'll hold off on doing that until you tell me what it was.

Banning me costs you money,,,

Best regards,
Doug

Sean1125
10-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Doug is a good man there is no reason anyone should be blocking him!

ALR-bishop
10-22-2015, 07:31 PM
He is a hard sell on print dot card variations but a solid citizen on scorecards and anything else. I even had lunch with him in San Antonio.

slidekellyslide
10-22-2015, 07:53 PM
There have been some threads about this seller selling items like pennants that were most likely generic as Negro League pennants. Perhaps you said something that made him mad in one of those threads? I have not tried to bid in his auctions since then, but maybe I'm banned as well?

1952boyntoncollector
10-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Hi (assuming you are on the boards) -

I am blocked from bidding in your auctions, and I have no idea why. Would you be so kind as to unblock me, please?

I have seen multiple items sell for considerably less than I would have bid in your auctions. A Koufax scorecard that I needed went for about $30 a month or so ago, I would have bid double that, maybe even more.

I would apologize for whatever I did to get banned, but I'll hold off on doing that until you tell me what it was.

Banning me costs you money,,,

Best regards,
Doug

A lot of dealers don't care about the chance of losing money on being they blocked..

doug.goodman
10-22-2015, 11:41 PM
There have been some threads about this seller selling items like pennants that were most likely generic as Negro League pennants. Perhaps you said something that made him mad in one of those threads? I have not tried to bid in his auctions since then, but maybe I'm banned as well?

If I did, I can't find it.

doug.goodman
10-22-2015, 11:43 PM
He is a hard sell on print dot card variations but a solid citizen on scorecards and anything else. I even had lunch with him in San Antonio.

That was a good lunch, far more entertaining than those stupid 1961 "green blob" cards...

slidekellyslide
10-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Here are some threads calling him out on pennants...I do not see that you posted in them though. There may be other posts about some of his dubious claims though, but I can't find them right now.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178286&highlight=indianapolis

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=172001&highlight=indianapolis

doug.goodman
10-23-2015, 10:19 AM
I also messaged him on ebay, and this morning he replied saying :

"I honestly have no idea why you are on my pretty extensive blocked bidder list... it incorporates blocked bidder lists from other ebay sellers I associate with so it doesn't necessarily indicate that I personally blocked you. It also includes blocked bidders from other ebay user ids that I have bought and sold with over the history of ebay .... whatever it was... its water under the bridge now & forgotten. You have done your time! you have been unblocked! Enjoy your new found freedom... Thanks for
your interest in my auctions, have a nice weekend. --Dave"

So, thank you Dave!

begsu1013
10-23-2015, 04:05 PM
unpaid item strikes? there are options to have auto-blocked for this reason.

if that isn't it, just open another ebay acct. pretty simple and can still use the same paypal acct...

also helpful for rollover when ebay bucks is capped.

begsu1013
10-23-2015, 04:07 PM
Doug is a good man there is no reason anyone should be blocking him!

and i see what you did there! it's a thinker.

ALR-bishop
10-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Now you can make an unflattering post in one of those old threads and send him a link. :)