PDA

View Full Version : upcoming sports card shows columbus ohio?

esd10
10-21-2015, 12:49 PM
im looking to find if there any up coming sports card shows in Columbus ohio any time soon.

Scott6043
10-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Used to be held at Vets Memorial:

Makoy Center
5462 Center Street
Hilliard, Ohio
Zip:43026

Nov 14 2015 Sat 10AM-05PM
Nov 15 2015 Sun 10AM-04PM

Jantz
10-21-2015, 09:54 PM
Go to Beckett.com

Scroll down to the bottom of the front page and look for the "Show Calendar" prompt. Click it

Use the drop window to put in Ohio in the state box. Don't use the city window due to Columbus having suburbs.

Enter some beginning and ending dates. Then hit Filter. This will list all the shows in Ohio for one or several months depending on the dates you enter.

Beckett.com also provides phone numbers for the promoters of each show. Just a word of advice, I would call the promoter a few days before the show to make sure it hasn't been cancelled or to make sure the dates are correct. I drove an hour last week to a show to find out someone listed the wrong dates.

Now since you live in Ohio and I have provided a fellow collector (my competition) with such valuable information to shows that I may be attending as well, if we happen to run into each other at one of these shows, you owe me one alcoholic beverage from the snack bar. :)

Hope this helps.

If you have any other questions, you can PM me.

Jantz

ZiggerZagger
10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
The old Vet's Show (now at the Makoy Center in Hilliard) is probably the one you don't want to miss. Held every other month, there are some great dealers from around the Midwest and further afield. We're pretty lucky to have a show of this size (100 tables) in town so frequently. Next show is November 14/15, I believe.

The Moeller shows in Cincy twice a year and Strongsville in April (especially for vintage) are always essential, but the Makoy Center show is bread and butter.

I tried the small Grove City show, but it was nearly all modern cards, and I know nothing about the small show at the Reynoldsburg Days Inn.

See you around town!

esd10
10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
I use to go to the show at vets all the time but they demolished vets which is sad