PDA

View Full Version : The Distribution of Pre-war Cards

Jobu
10-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know of a good source of information on where cards were actually sold (NOT where they were printed)?

I loved learning that Gimbels cards were sold in my hometown (Milwaukee - still need to find a HOFer from that set) and have often wondered where the different T206 backs and all other prewar issues were actually sold. I would absolutely love to see a list of hypothesized locations - it would make for an awesome GIS map.

Thanks

Leon
10-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know of a good source of information on where cards were actually sold (NOT where they were printed)?

I loved learning that Gimbels cards were sold in my hometown (Milwaukee - still need to find a HOFer from that set) and have often wondered where the different T206 backs and all other prewar issues were actually sold. I would absolutely love to see a list of hypothesized locations - it would make for an awesome GIS map.

Thanks

We talk a whole lot about distribution of cards in different threads. I don't know of a consolidated book but if you get the Krause SCD Baseball catalog, Lew's Encyclopedia's, and a few other hobby mags including OldCardboard, you will find a lot of information concerning distribution venues.

JustinD
10-22-2015, 05:10 AM
A GIS map is an incredible idea. +1!

If you make such a thing put me on the list for someone who would love a copy!