PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the T206 Tinker Chicago

Luke
10-18-2015, 10:36 PM
I tried searching this site and the net for more info on this variation, and there really isn't much. In 2013, REA auctioned one off in a PSA 2.5 holder and stated that it was the 3rd known copy. All known copies have the Sweet Caporal 150/30 reverse.

I recently picked up a copy that has a slight remnant of "Chicago" in black lettering. My copy also has a SC 150/25 back. You can see it with the naked eye, but I was really hoping I could get a good scan that would bring out the black ink. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to. I'm very bad with computer stuff, so there may be a way to do it but I don't know how.

Anyway, just wanted to see if there is any new info out there about this variation. Does anyone else have a card like mine that has some remnants of the Chicago? I assume there are plenty out there, given how hard it is to see and how few people would be looking for it. I guess we will probably never find the proof, although that would be incredible.

Below are my attempts at bringing out the black ink. The smallest, lowest resolution scan may be the best unfortunately.

Jantz
10-18-2015, 11:16 PM
Original photo with Chicago

steve B
10-19-2015, 10:55 AM
The ones with remnants of Chicago are about equal with normal ones maybe a bit tougher, but not much.

I've been looking at them on Ebay since the first one with the solid Chicago turned up.

They're also one of the cards that leads me to believe there were 3 separate printings of the 150s.

Steve B

Iwantmorecards77
02-13-2016, 11:01 PM
The Ed Reulbach (glove shows) has the same "Chicago" on shirt underneath the Cubs. Seems only in the 150 series - primarily on the Sweet Caporal 150's (though you can still see it a little on Piedmonts.) There must be at least one out there with a very dark "Chicago" like the one on the Tinker that sold for thousands. Too tired to check at the moment, but wondering if this is common on many of the "Cubs" cards.

asoriano
02-14-2016, 09:08 AM
Had the opportunity to purchase an example at the 2010 Baltimore National for $1K.

Still kicking myself for not jumping on it, but at the time, SGC was refusing to holder them saying that it was simply "writing" underneath the Cubs logo.

Jobu
02-14-2016, 10:03 AM
You had a shot at a Tinker or a Reulbach? I assume the former as I have never heard of the latter but just want to be certain. Also, if it was a Tinker, do you know if it is the same one that sold at REA?

Had the opportunity to purchase an example at the 2010 Baltimore National for $1K.

Still kicking myself for not jumping on it, but at the time, SGC was refusing to holder them saying that it was simply "writing" underneath the Cubs logo.

mybuddyinc
12-21-2016, 11:35 AM
An older thread, but interesting ......

Luke shows his Sweet Caporal, and Piedmont's are also mentioned.

Sovereign 150 should be expected ........ ;)

Nothing earth shattering, but here is one I just picked up:

Fun stuff, Scott :rolleyes: