PDA

View Full Version : Help ID'ing Mantle item

whiteymet
10-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi All:

I wanted to get this in front of as many eyes as possible and with Leon's blessings I hope he will allow me to post this in a few different sections here on Net 54.

I am asking help to see if anyone has seen this Mantle item before. Sorry, I can't afford a quarter to use in the photo.

The story behind it is that it was found in a carton with other Hartland things marked "Original Hartlands" in the "collection" of an owner of one of the incarnations of the Hartland Company.

As an avid Hartland collector I have never seen or heard of anything like this. It is made of material similar to Hartland statues but is solid not hollow as the statues are.

Hopefully someone here has one or has info about it. If so, or you have questions PLMK

Thanks,

Fred

ooo-ribay
10-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Can you even be sure it's Mickey? The likeness is not all that great.

khkco4bls
10-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Thought the same thing. If it's him it's horrible.

GoCubsGo32
10-18-2015, 12:16 PM
more like Ruth?

TAVG
10-18-2015, 12:35 PM
glad im not the only one who thought that it didn't look like mickey.

could it be just a generic player, not necessarily an actual MLB player?

kinda like this
http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r770/stlcardinalsfan09/s-l225_zpsqopxoviq.jpg (http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/stlcardinalsfan09/media/s-l225_zpsqopxoviq.jpg.html)

ooo-ribay
10-18-2015, 01:45 PM
more like Ruth?

Now that you mention it, yes. But not a great likeness of him either.

Moose Skowron? :)

71buc
10-18-2015, 02:03 PM
It's not a generic player at least not like what you shared. The NY logo is used. If it is a Hartland then it is certainly more likely to be Mantle than the other two Yankee statues they produced. Didn't they make football statues that represented teams rather than individual players? If this isn't Mantle perhaps they were considering doing something similar for baseball and this may be a prototype for that? I like it whatever it is even if it is a Yankee;)