PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Vander Meer's 2 No Hit Game Balls

Shoeless Moe
10-15-2015, 10:54 AM
I know who has them:

http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/10/15/rushs-geddy-lee-talks-about-being-in-middle-of-toronto-mayhem/

Scott - you might want to get some Box Seats and start schmoozing him.

ooo-ribay
10-15-2015, 11:49 AM
Randy Johnson has been known to tour with RUSH as a photographer,

Scott Garner
10-15-2015, 11:58 AM
I know who has them:

http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/10/15/rushs-geddy-lee-talks-about-being-in-middle-of-toronto-mayhem/

Scott - you might want to get some Box Seats and start schmoozing him.

Paul,
How funny! Great interview- thanks.
I knew Geddy Lee was a baseball collector, from what I had read in the past. He went after those Vandy no-hit balls hard in the Heritage Platinum Auction earlier this year. I never had a chance because of the price.

Here I am at the preview of the auction, getting my opportunity to check the two last out no-hitter balls from Vandy's consecutive no-hitters in 1938 up close and personal.

Shoeless Moe
10-15-2015, 12:22 PM
sorry Scott, but I have to, do you know that you might be one of the very few people who can say they've held Geddy Lee's balls.

"ba da dum"

but seriously it would be very tough to compete with Geddy Lee head to head in an auction.

Griffins
10-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Geddy was at my studio a few months ago when another photographer was shooting them for the cover of Rolling Stone. Had a lot of stuff displayed in my office but never got chance to say more than a passing hello. Would've been great to talk cards and NL memoribilia with him

Scott Garner
10-15-2015, 12:54 PM
sorry Scott, but I have to, do you know that you might be one of the very few people who can say they've held Geddy Lee's balls.

"ba da dum"

but seriously it would be very tough to compete with Geddy Lee head to head in an auction.

Hi Paul,
I seriously considered saying that here is a picture of me holding Geddy Lee's balls, but decided to take the high road instead. Thanks for making sure that I didn't miss the opportunity. :D

sayhey24
10-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Paul,
How funny! Great interview- thanks.
I knew Geddy Lee was a baseball collector, from what I had read in the past. He went after those Vandy no-hit balls hard in the Heritage Platinum Auction earlier this year. I never had a chance because of the price.

Here I am at the preview of the auction, getting my opportunity to check the two last out no-hitter balls from Vandy's consecutive no-hitters in 1938 up close and personal.

Scott -- that jacket you were wearing didn't have two pockets???

Greg

Scott Garner
10-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Scott -- that jacket you were wearing didn't have two pockets???

Greg

Yeah, but they weren't deep enough to make a clean getaway. ;)
Chris Ivey from Heritage snapped the photo.

slidekellyslide
10-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I was listening to that this morning on my way to work...the very first thing that popped into my head was "Scott Garner needs to know this." :D

7nohitter
10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
I was listening to that this morning on my way to work...the very first thing that popped into my head was "Scott Garner needs to know this." :D

Ha! When I saw this thread I had the same immediate thought. Don't know Scott, but I now associate his name with Johnny's!

Bobmc
10-15-2015, 07:14 PM
Classy photo Scott!
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were working on the circle change.