PDA

View Full Version : 1994 stadium club question

mybestbretts
10-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I have a george brett card #5 that measures approx 2 3/4 wide by approx. 3 3/4 tall looks like the regular stadium club except it has a partial stamp in the lower corner. Could this have been a giveaway at a convention? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steve B
10-15-2015, 12:08 AM
I could be wrong, but if I remember it right Stadium club had either box toppers or send away cards or something that were large cards with a big white border. I forget the name they gave them. I'm thinking it's one of those that's been cut down.

Steve B

bnorth
10-15-2015, 06:40 PM
I could be wrong, but if I remember it right Stadium club had either box toppers or send away cards or something that were large cards with a big white border. I forget the name they gave them. I'm thinking it's one of those that's been cut down.

Steve B

I think the ones with the big white borders are called "Master Photo" cards. Can't remember the year but somewhere I have a 93-94 Topps oddball set that came with regular sized cards, slightly bigger cards like the Brett in OP and much bigger cards with huge white borders called Master Photos.

steve B
10-15-2015, 07:37 PM
That was it - Master photos.

I don't recall seeing the bigger but not huge cards. Maybe just a factory set thing? Or a Shop at home special deal?

Steve B

mybestbretts
10-16-2015, 06:10 PM
This isn't a Master Photo. I have a couple of other cards that are stamped with the impression of (I think) the National Show and this one has a an impression in the lower corner. Problem is that the total impression isn't on the card so I can't see what year it would have been. I think I will try calling Topps.