PDA

View Full Version : Selling to Dean's Cards?

mechanicalman
10-08-2015, 09:18 PM
I would venture that most pre-war collectors on this board have not purchased much from Dean's Cards given their exorbitant pricing, but I'm curious if anyone has ever sold to them? My simple logic is that if they charge as much as they do, perhaps they offer more on the buy side? (I'm sure that's flawed logic, but I'm still curious.) Not looking to sell anytime soon, but always good to know what options are out there.

1952boyntoncollector
10-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I would venture that most pre-war collectors on this board have not purchased much from Dean's Cards given their exorbitant pricing, but I'm curious if anyone has ever sold to them? My simple logic is that if they charge as much as they do, perhaps they offer more on the buy side? (I'm sure that's flawed logic, but I'm still curious.) Not looking to sell anytime soon, but always good to know what options are out there.

the owner has won several of my auctions on 1952 topps..so its not like he hasnt paid market price before...

pokerplyr80
10-08-2015, 09:24 PM

It's hard to argue with the logic, unless he just has a lot of overhead. But I have not tried to sell anything to him.

conor912
10-08-2015, 11:32 PM
It's hard to argue with the logic, unless he just has a lot of overhead. But I have not tried to sell anything to him.

I believe he has at least a few full time employees, so it's a pretty large operation, as far as card dealers go.

bobbyw8469
10-09-2015, 06:17 AM
He wanted me to sell something to him one time, but wanted me to ship first. I was uncomfortable doing that, so the sale never took place. He does not put out a published buy list like All Star Cards does.

iowadoc77
10-09-2015, 12:22 PM

Exorbitant pricing is correct, but doesn't it make you feel better that you get 10, 15, or even 20% off? Feels like a sale and a deal, right?:eek:

forazzurri2axz
10-11-2015, 07:55 AM
is an understatement. The more appropriate adjective is better left unsaid