PDA

View Full Version : I hate the wild card game ....

Mountaineer1999
10-07-2015, 09:15 PM
.... that is all

Jantz
10-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Even if it knocks the Yankees out of the post season?

Joshchisox08
10-08-2015, 04:13 AM
.... that is all

I just hate who won the wild card game last night. That is all .............

djson1
10-08-2015, 12:29 PM
It doesn't matter anyways as the Cards are too dominating this year. They should take out the Cubs. (For the record: I don't like either team).

Mountaineer1999
10-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Even if it knocks the Yankees out of the post season?

This was a benefit, still not fair though.

Mountaineer1999
10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
It doesn't matter anyways as the Cards are too dominating this year. They should take out the Cubs. (For the record: I don't like either team).

I think the Cubs beat them.

clydepepper
10-08-2015, 07:47 PM
I think that it may be time to consider seeding playoff qualifiers by best regular season record...that would make the last several games always mean something instead of just a time to set up your rotation and rest your stars.

PolarBear
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm with you. It wasn't too bad when there was just one wildcard team and they went straight to the division series, but this one game wildcard playoff is a joke. Why even bother.

Also, I saw a pretty good case to eliminate the wildcard altogether and just have division winners in the playoffs. The top seed gets a bye, which would add competition between divisions. Even if a team was 10 games up in their division, they would still have to compete for seeding, which would actually mean something.

And, if the #3 team did manage to make it to the WS, they would have to beat the 2 best teams to get there, so they wouldn't be squeaking in.

Makes pretty good sense and it's better than this wildcard game crap we have now.

packs
10-12-2015, 02:44 PM
I've always thought having a 162 game season come down to one final game was silly. Why did they play the previous 162 games if that's how you're going to decide? The MLB postseason isn't meant to be a tournament like the NFL's is.

In my opinion, things should revert back to how they were. Exactly one second place team should make it and play out the division series.

PolarBear
10-12-2015, 02:51 PM
I'd be ok with that too. Just two divisions in each league and they play each other to see who goes to the WS. That would leave 7-8 teams in each division though.

We could always contract the league and get rid of the Rays and Marlins. That leaves 7 teams per division. Florida is for spring training anyway. :D

pariah1107
10-12-2015, 03:51 PM
I'd be ok with that too. Just two divisions in each league and they play each other to see who goes to the WS. That would leave 7-8 teams in each division though.

We could always contract the league and get rid of the Rays and Marlins. That leaves 7 teams per division. Florida is for spring training anyway. :D

Since we're playing Commissioner.... I like this idea. Eliminate two of the spring training teams (Miami & Tampa Bay), and move the Arizona franchise to Havana, Cuba.

Reorganize the 28 teams into 2 leagues of 2 divisions with 7 teams each; the North, South, Central, and West:
North; Toronto, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Boston, Philadelphia Phillies, and Pittsburg Pirates.
South; Houston, Texas, Havana, Atlanta, Washington, Baltimore, and Kansas City.
Central; Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs, Minnesota, Milwaukee, and St. Louis.
West; LA Angels, LA Dodgers, San Diego, San Francisco, Oakland, Colorado, and Seattle.

Top two teams in each division advance to the playoffs, and are seeded according to record 1-4 to play two 7 game series; ALDS & ALCS. This would eliminate the most annoying of World Series, the Subway Series or Bay Area series etc....

PolarBear
10-12-2015, 05:36 PM
I was on board until the very end. I'd rather see the division winners in the playoffs instead of the top two seeds.

Other than that I'm on board. Except, we absolutely MUST get rid of the designated hitter rule. I'd also get rid on interleague play.

Also, get rid of the Angles and replace them with a Tokyo team.

Now we got us a proper league.

ooo-ribay
10-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Was extremely tough for a 97(?) win team to have to face Bummy last year and Arrieta this year. I would be bummed if I were a Buccos fan.

But, as someone said, it was an effective way to quickly get rid of the Yankees. :D

TAVG
10-12-2015, 07:20 PM
The umpire for the cubs/cardinals game tonight has literally gotten every other call wrong. Pretty sure the Cubs paid him off