PDA

View Full Version : My daughter was at 2 no hitters this year

RichardSimon
10-04-2015, 04:20 PM
My daughter is a big Mets fan.
We go together to games and she also goes with her friends.
She was at both no hitters this year at Citifield. I did not see either one, though in 1964 I did see Jim Bunning's perfect game at Shea Stadium.

1952boyntoncollector
10-04-2015, 04:45 PM
I went to one game the past 5 years and it was the Ray Halliday perfect game...

funny on the 2 no-hitters..how allie reynolds and virgil trucks are brought up..i know them from 1952 Topps..but didnt know about their achievements when bidding on those cards.....just goes to show as time goes on if you are not a superstar.....bidding doesnt reflect bigger star versus small star. when dealing with guys far less than HOF worthy......just goes by POP...

Bocabirdman
10-04-2015, 05:07 PM
My granddaughter has out grown baseball. She has switched to basketball as her favorite sport but a couple years ago, when she was playing softball, she went to three games. The first game was non-descript except that her mother got Luxury Box tickets from a Taxi Squad Miami Dolphin wide receiver. Her second game was a no-hitter. Her other grandfather took her to that one. I took her to her third (and last, so far) game. She caught a foul ball...:eek::D:)

1952boyntoncollector
10-04-2015, 05:41 PM
My granddaughter has out grown baseball. She has switched to basketball as her favorite sport but a couple years ago, when she was playing softball, she went to three games. The first game was non-descript except that her mother got Luxury Box tickets from a Taxi Squad Miami Dolphin wide receiver. Her second game was a no-hitter. Her other grandfather took her to that one. I took her to her third (and last, so far) game. She caught a foul ball...:eek::D:)

man she has the luck....next time i bet an Under in baseball ill be sure to take her... :)

Bocabirdman
10-04-2015, 05:53 PM
man she has the luck....next time i bet an Under in baseball ill be sure to take her... :)

She surely has access to sports, more so than I did and I could see the lights of Baltimore's Memorial Stadium from my bedroom window as a kid. I could hear the "Home Run" roar.

clydepepper
10-04-2015, 06:26 PM
My daughter is a big Mets fan.
We go together to games and she also goes with her friends.
She was at both no hitters this year at Citifield. I did not see either one, though in 1964 I did see Jim Bunning's perfect game at Shea Stadium.

Everyone take note

The Simons know No

1952boyntoncollector
10-04-2015, 06:26 PM
She surely has access to sports, more so than I did and I could see the lights of Baltimore's Memorial Stadium from my bedroom window as a kid. I could hear the "Home Run" roar.

I used to park on Frisbee road for free and try to avoid getting robbed to go the Orioles games..

TAVG
10-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Last time I was at a game was Cardinals vs the Expos in 2004

i got Livan Hernandez and Nick Johnsons autos though :/

Bocabirdman
10-05-2015, 04:22 AM
I used to park on Frisbee road for free and try to avoid getting robbed to go the Orioles games..

My family had a thick presence in Highlandtown/Fells Point until the mid-Seventies. My parents moved up by the stadium in 1965, for a couple years, before moving outside the Beltway to Timonium. A couple years after that we left the state, the only braves souls in our clan to do so, ever. I moved back to Maryland in the Eighties. (Dundalk, Essex, Middle River) for 7 years or so. I live in Florida now. The rest of the clan (Uncles and Aunts and their broods) could ride back to Highlandtown from where they live now in an inning or two. Their life adventure stalled in Baltimore County.:)