PDA

View Full Version : Max Scherzer, 2 No hitters in one year!

CMIZ5290
10-03-2015, 07:35 PM
What an incredible accomplishment. I don't know how many times this has happened, but it can't be many!

familytoad
10-03-2015, 08:02 PM
4 times in regular season.Last time was Nolan Ryan in 1973.
But...
I'd say Roy Halladay with a perfect game in Regular Season, then a no-hitter in the playoffs of the same year is better...but not to undertone Max's great work this year. He was amazing today.

He nearly set the consecutive strikeout record as well, as he had Granderson to two strikes in the ninth inning after fanning the previous 9 men. ( Seaver still holds that record now)

As I told my son...hats off to Ol' Blue Eye Lol!
What a great game for Max!

HRBAKER
10-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Two non-no's in the same season with 0 walks, a first in MLB history.

clydepepper
10-03-2015, 08:33 PM
There have been five others to throw two no-hitters in a single season: Johnny Vander Meer (consecutive); Roy Halliday (one in regular season - - and one in the playoffs - best pitched game I ever saw); Nolan Ryan ; Allie Reynolds: and Virgil Trucks in 1952 when he finished with a record of 5-21 !!

Thirty-five strikeouts between the two teams set a record for a nine inning game...no wonder it was so cold at City Field...a lot of wind being created around home plate.

I hope everyone switched back from the College Football games often enough to take in the Angels-Rangers game- it was AWESOME !

- I'm still try to catch up for missing all of the 1986 playoffs.

chaddurbin
10-04-2015, 12:09 AM
what a weird season for the nats...lots of injuries, scherzer tanking after ASG. matt williams the 2014 manager of the year just shows again how little impact a baseball's manager makes in the team's overall success. half the baseball's managers are idiots who are clueless to the modern game, and the other half just takes managerial directions from the analytics FO anyways...

Joshchisox08
10-08-2015, 04:16 AM
What an incredible accomplishment. I don't know how many times this has happened, but it can't be many!

One could also say the incredible accomplishment the mad dog German feted was pitching two complete games this year too :rolleyes:

Joshchisox08
10-08-2015, 04:17 AM
what a weird season for the nats...lots of injuries, scherzer tanking after ASG. matt williams the 2014 manager of the year just shows again how little impact a baseball's manager makes in the team's overall success. half the baseball's managers are idiots who are clueless to the modern game, and the other half just takes managerial directions from the analytics FO anyways...

I fully agree with this. Half of baseball organizations are clueless as well. Look at the Sox. WHY would you keep Ventura? There's no explanation other than keeping a yes man or a puppet who will do what is told. If they were smart they would have hired Gardy.

1952boyntoncollector
10-08-2015, 06:33 AM
4 times in regular season.Last time was Nolan Ryan in 1973.
But...
I'd say Roy Halladay with a perfect game in Regular Season, then a no-hitter in the playoffs of the same year is better...but not to undertone Max's great work this year. He was amazing today.

He nearly set the consecutive strikeout record as well, as he had Granderson to two strikes in the ninth inning after fanning the previous 9 men. ( Seaver still holds that record now)

As I told my son...hats off to Ol' Blue Eye Lol!
What a great game for Max!

also max's last no hitter was after his team was eliminated from the playoffs ...when the Nationals were fighting for the playoffs towards the end of the year he struggled bad.....

djson1
10-08-2015, 12:01 PM

I agree that there's only so much a manager can do, but yet we see in the blogs and facebook posts all day long how angry fans will call for the firing of a manager because their team can't win.