PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Jedi

Leon
10-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I am posting this as a new thread for my good hobby friend, John Spencer (hi John). He put it in the new pick ups thread along with a few cards he recently won. But I guess in hindsight, John is a new pick up for us too. Kind of like NOS.... :) John and I go way back to the very first card forum I (and many of us) was on, and where this forum evolved from back in around 1998-1999, FullCount. He and another infrequent poster here, Mike Williams, ran that board. We got reacquainted at this years National and had a wonderful conversation as always. It is a great pleasure to have John on our forum.

This is from John (Net54baseball ID Yoda) and is also in the new pick up thread....

"Well, after about ten years in the wilderness, not exactly like John the Baptist, and minus a London house and a wife, I, John Spencer, have returned to the US, where I am now living in Stuart, Fl on the East Coast. And what better way to start building a new life than to re-embrace my first true obsession - old baseball cards. The first order of business was to form, out of the ashes of Full Count (some might remember that fine old firm,) a new LLC, Past Ball Vintage Cards, and the second was to join this august forum. Leon and I go back away.
In keeping with the thread, although my pick up was September, I was thrilled to get in Leon's auction both E92 Harry Davis Croft Candy Red and Blue. Wow.
Nice to be back. Yoda"

brian1961
10-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Welcome back, John. It's good to have you among us.

Enfuego
10-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Glad to have you back.

Andy Baran
10-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Welcome Back John! I have fond memories of the original Full Count Forum.

DaveW
10-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Welcome you are, Yoda. Post more you must.

Leon
10-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Welcome Back John! I have fond memories of the original Full Count Forum.

It was quite the wild, wild west from what I remember. No accountability and anonymous posting was fine...it was rock'em sock'em.....but good times were had!@!

Peter_Spaeth
10-03-2015, 04:58 PM
It was quite the wild, wild west from what I remember. No accountability and anonymous posting was fine...it was rock'em sock'em.....but good times were had!@!

Kinder and gentler times now. Nice cards, everyone!! :eek:

clydepepper
10-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Welcome back, Mr. Spencer

With the LLC name you picked, perhaps you should buy a Mickey Owen card.

ha-ha

RCMcKenzie
10-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Were they the ones who put the keywords "Strong, Vintage" in every eBay listing? The late 90's were the EBay days. The original ebay vintage chatboard operator. Welcome home.

Vintagecatcher
10-04-2015, 05:53 AM
John,

Welcome back!

Remember the Full Count forum well.

A few of us are still posting.

Patrick

chaddurbin
10-05-2015, 05:34 PM
welcome back to the states and hobby john! the fullcount board/sales site were ahead of its time. you and mike always had great stuff, i remember those days fondly!

quan

the 'stache
10-06-2015, 06:40 AM

Well, nobody was going to mess with a Jedi master, Leon. :p

BTW, welcome, John. I was not a member of the old forum, but I am always very happy to have a well-known (and liked) member return to the fray.

PS, don't store any cards in the basement. I have it on good authority that the east side of Florida gets a good deal of the wet stuff. ;)

frankbmd
10-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Well, ...........

PS, don't store any cards in the basement. I have it on good authority that the east side of Florida gets a good deal of the wet stuff. ;)

Well, ............

I have it on good authority that most homes in Florida do not have basements.;)

:eek::eek::eek: