PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Unidentified Autograph - Anyone Recognize this Scribble - NOW IDENTIFIED THX

ATP
10-01-2015, 10:46 AM
It's been kind of slow here on the autograph side so I will post another I am stumped on. Any thoughts into whose autograph this is? I have two of them, and will give as much background as possible as to try to give some clues as to the era. They came along with the collection of an old scrapbook with several hundred autographs ranging from 1930-1951. A little of all genre, from Babe Ruth to Clark Gable, and a lot in between. Very heavy on radio and music. Collected by two young sisters who would write to stars and request two autographs on these small white cards. Along with the scrapbooks, there were a few examples that they continued this trend later on in life, up through the 1970's on a few, like Lawrence Welk and Joe Louis. The toning on this card is much lighter than the ones from the 1930's and 1940's so I am leaning towards it being more from the 1960's or 1970's, comparatively age wise. To me the first name looks like John or Jim maybe, or perhaps even Don. Any thoughts? ---------IDENTIFIED AS IRVING BERLIN.

BillyCoxDodgers3B
10-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Irving Berlin.

ATP
10-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Very nice, thank you for the help.
Jeff