PDA

View Full Version : Reach Base Ball Guide cut outs

CrazyDiamond
09-30-2015, 05:54 AM
Looking for some help on this

I purchased a few of these with a large lot a while ago.

I have the following teams

A's
Browns
Dodgers
Braves
Tigers

Ive attached just one example - Wanted to see if these were typically cut out of the Reach Guides in this fashion and if there is any value in them.

They are all cut very nice and display great - I was just wondering as I don't know anything about them

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

EvilKing00
09-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Most collectors frown on these as they are a destruction of a book. But I have bought a few reach and Spalding guides most of which were already destroyed with the pages all loose or torn out. So I do have some. I also have a complete book intact in good shape that I would never destroy.

I bought them as I will never have a ruth rookie on his minor league team, but I do have him in a reach and spalding page, same goes for joe Jackson, etc.

That being said price is hard to judge, the old real estate saying "its worth what ever a buyer is willing to pay"

Sure its very vague but they aren't currently worth much as of now anyway, a few bucks each depending on whos on the page. Check ebay would be my advice. But I can tell you I wouldn't sell some of mine cause to me, some cant be replaced.... I cant upgrade to a 1915 ruth card. Wish I could, but that's not happening. lol

bwbc917
09-30-2015, 07:21 AM
I am trying for a picture of ever Indian/Nap etc from 1901 on. The minor league team pictures from Spalding and Reach guides are invaluable to me. I have been known to spend up to $5 for a page. I have a very good collection of the books themselves but given the choice of spending $30 -100 for a book or 6.95 for the 4 pictures I need, the choice is easy.

By the way, any one have a picture of Jackie Gallagher from Providence RI? He's one of 3 that I am missing.

pbspelly
09-30-2015, 08:43 AM
My big complaint about these is when someone tries to sell them as if they are some sort of actual card or certified collectible, like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Spalding-Baseball-Guide-4-Shoeless-Joe-Jackson-Cleveland-Naps-Hand-Cut-/161825109653?hash=item25ad873695

Leon
10-02-2015, 07:22 PM
My big complaint about these is when someone tries to sell them as if they are some sort of actual card or certified collectible, like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Spalding-Baseball-Guide-4-Shoeless-Joe-Jackson-Cleveland-Naps-Hand-Cut-/161825109653?hash=item25ad873695

agree with this .....clogs up good listings

glynparson
10-03-2015, 07:31 AM
With the above. If someone sells them fine but don't try to pass them off as cards. Sell it for what it is a page from an old magazine featuring whatever team or player(s) are featured.

Leon
10-03-2015, 07:38 AM
With the above. If someone sells them fine but don't try to pass them off as cards. Sell it for what it is a page from an old magazine featuring whatever team or player(s) are featured.

KInd of like don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining :).