PDA

View Full Version : T206 Experts please chime in :)

Iron Horse
09-29-2015, 10:29 AM
On the BST forum there is a T206 green Cobb Old Mill back in a PSA 3 holder. What would be a fair price on this card?
Thanks for the education

gnaz01
09-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Hey Ruben, not sure what the value is, but last I corresponded with him he wanted $5K IIRC

ullmandds
09-29-2015, 10:40 AM
im no t206 expert...but a green t206 cobb in vg 3 would be 2500-3K...not sure what pop on old mill is...but should not add much.

Iron Horse
09-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Thanks Greg, hope you are well.

Rob D.
09-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Actually, the Old Mill back adds a legitimate premium to a green Cobb.

chernieto
09-29-2015, 11:28 AM
http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1909-11-t206-old-mill-ty-cobb-portrait-green-sgc-40-vg-3/a/717-81039.s
A couple years back $ 1,900

Joshchisox08
09-29-2015, 12:01 PM
No expert I'm pricing. That said OM would add a bit more value. It's not super rare bit I'd think that's easily 3.5-5k

Iron Horse
09-29-2015, 12:12 PM
I believe he was asking 5k in June on the board and eBay but there were no takers. I guess it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

iwantitiwinit
09-29-2015, 12:30 PM
im no t206 expert...but a green t206 cobb in vg 3 would be 2500-3K...not sure what pop on old mill is...but should not add much.

I agree with this assessment.

DerekMichael
09-29-2015, 12:33 PM
A Sovereign 150 or Old Mill is pretty special on the green Tyrus. I really do not see either too often at all.

I would gladly pay $5,000 for this card ... I simply do not have the money (rendering my opinion less than useful)

Derek

asphaltman
09-29-2015, 12:34 PM
What in the heck has happened to this board over the years? Now we publicly start threads about specific cards being sold on the BST and come up with opinions on values as well as make mention of something being in a 2.5 holder before now being in a 3 holder?

If you're interested in something on the BST, privately contact the seller...why would you bring it up here to spotlight a card and make it sound like it's overpriced and overgraded?

Not the way it used to be here, oh well.

ullmandds
09-29-2015, 12:36 PM
What in the heck has happened to this board over the years? Now we publicly start threads about specific cards being sold on the BST and come up with opinions on values as well as make mention of something being in a 2.5 holder before now being in a 3 holder?

If you're interested in something on the BST, privately contact the seller...why would you bring it up here to spotlight a card and make it sound like it's overpriced and overgraded?

Not the way it used to be here, oh well.

times have changed...the board has changed...the hobby has changed...just the way it is...like it...(I dont) or not!

xplainer
09-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Let me ask a related question.
How accurate is the "valuation" tab over on T206.org?
Does it give a fair assessment?

Just curious.

Kevin.Shenker
09-29-2015, 01:33 PM
I would say it is shitty. You would not want it done to you. More specifically what is the need to call out the location of the card?

xplainer
09-29-2015, 01:43 PM
He also asked twice on the sale thread what a good value would be.

He posted this too:

Sent PM asking for the price and...
Haven't heard anything back on this end either.
Not sure what the issue is?

asphaltman
09-29-2015, 01:55 PM
He also asked twice on the sale thread what a good value would be.

He posted this too:

Sent PM asking for the price and...
Haven't heard anything back on this end either.
Not sure what the issue is?

Fine and dandy. I'm not sure if the original poster is really in the market for a card like that when he doesn't know the value. If he's just wanting to get educated fine, but don't pick a card on the BST for that and point it out here. Seller can list a price, not list a price, do a reverse auction like Mark, or whatever they want.

trdcrdkid
09-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Let me ask a related question.
How accurate is the "valuation" tab over on T206.org?
Does it give a fair assessment?

Just curious.

For common cards and common backs in mid- to lower grades, it's in the right ballpark. For tougher backs and higher grades (EX on up), its prices are way too low, ridiculously low for the really rare backs and really high grades. It looks like they based that calculator on ratios that haven't been updated for at least five years, maybe 10.

Iron Horse
09-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Sorry Mr Asphaltman with my question. It isn't like the card is a common T206 green Cobb. The PSA pop report shows 5 or 6 graded total. If this was something which exchanged hands regularly & VCP showed some recent sale numbers then i can see where you are coming from.

I like the card and wanted to get an idea from those who are more familiar with the rarer backs to give their opinions. Don't think you need to make a federal case out of it.

xplainer
09-29-2015, 04:11 PM
For common cards and common backs in mid- to lower grades, it's in the right ballpark. For tougher backs and higher grades (EX on up), its prices are way too low, ridiculously low for the really rare backs and really high grades. It looks like they based that calculator on ratios that haven't been updated for at least five years, maybe 10.

Thanks David. I appreciate the info.

CMIZ5290
09-29-2015, 05:33 PM
A Sovereign 150 or Old Mill is pretty special on the green Tyrus. I really do not see either too often at all.

I would gladly pay $5,000 for this card ... I simply do not have the money (rendering my opinion less than useful)

Derek

Wow, I would think that offer should buy the card definitely, just my opinion....

xplainer
09-29-2015, 05:47 PM
Fine and dandy. I'm not sure if the original poster is really in the market for a card like that when he doesn't know the value. If he's just wanting to get educated fine, but don't pick a card on the BST for that and point it out here. Seller can list a price, not list a price, do a reverse auction like Mark, or whatever they want.

No, my point was he asked twice on the BST thread then posted the other comment. I think he got frustrated/pissed and started this thread.

And yeah, the reverse auction is a great idea. I follow it everyday.

sreader3
09-29-2015, 05:53 PM
I would think Old Mill on Green Cobby would add a substantial premium because 150/350 subjects are very tough with Old Mill.

In other words, Old Mill is not that tough in general but it is on 150/350 subjects.

CMIZ5290
09-29-2015, 06:01 PM
I would think Old Mill on Green Cobby would add a substantial premium because 150/350 subjects are very tough with Old Mill.

In other words, Old Mill is not that tough in general but it is on 150/350 subjects.

I agree to a degree Scot, tough front/back combo, but $5k for this card is high in my opinion, crease on the middle right border of the card, it doesn't appear to be a strong 3 other than the centering. I just don't see it

Jantz
09-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Actually, the Old Mill back adds a legitimate premium to a green Cobb.

+1 To what Rob D. and Scot R. have posted.

On a card and combo such as this, only a general price tag can be applied.

In the end it will come down to a buyer's willingness to pay and timing.

T206Collector
09-29-2015, 09:54 PM
If you want to solicit offers I have been relatively successful listing the card with an obscene Buy It Now price on ebay, while accepting offers. You get a pretty good idea of what it's worth based on the offers you get in, and if you like one, you just click accept. Pretty easy. I have found trying the same game on the BST to be a waste of time - no one wants to make an offer and everyone wants the seller to list an asking price. Dead end.

On the issue of asking the fair market value on a card listed on the BST, you could hardly blame the OP for it under these circumstances when the seller is not being price responsive and the card is rare enough for it not to have any true comps. Having said that, under the circumstances, what the card would get at auction and what the seller would accept may not be nearly the same, so determining a fair value for this card according to the opinions of T206 experts is more or less meaningless towards the goal of obtaining this card. But, if anyone cares, I would think that card would fetch $3,000-$3,500 at auction.

filmmaker
10-27-2015, 09:23 AM
I am selling this card as a REVERSE AUCTION.
Anyone with interest, it is under the B/S/T Section under Live Auctions.
Thanks for your time

PolarBear
10-27-2015, 09:54 AM
It's at 11k now.

rjackson44
10-27-2015, 10:27 AM
It's a pretty card I wish the seller filmmaker luck with sale

Sean1125
10-27-2015, 01:26 PM
I sold one a couple years ago at the national in PSA 2 for $1600. I believe it was resold at the same event for $1750. Either I undersold the card tremendously or the more likely option of this seller is quite confused.

After speaking with him, my gut feeling he is hoping someone will donate to his documentary and has no intention of actually selling this item.