PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan Autograph Help!!

deeg23
09-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Hey everybody, my boss is trying to sell me this autographed MJ photo that he said his dad got in about 2000. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but the ink is bleeding a little bit so it's definitely live. Just from MJ's I've seen, it looks like the letters in the last part of the names are a little too pronounced than what he typically does. I could only upload one photo for some reason, but it's an 8x10 of him in his rookie year (#45) from his RPM Nissan dealership. So any help from people who know his sig better than me would be much appreciated (:

Thanks!

Derek

jbhofmann
09-28-2015, 05:49 AM
Hey everybody, my boss is trying to sell me this autographed MJ photo that he said his dad got in about 2000. I don't know if you can see in the picture, but the ink is bleeding a little bit so it's definitely live. Just from MJ's I've seen, it looks like the letters in the last part of the names are a little too pronounced than what he typically does. I could only upload one photo for some reason, but it's an 8x10 of him in his rookie year (#45) from his RPM Nissan dealership. So any help from people who know his sig better than me would be much appreciated (:

Thanks!

Derek

The photo is from 1995, not his rookie year. The #45 and Jordan X's date the photo.

deeg23
09-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Don't worry, I didn't think the actual photo was from his rookie year! Just the picture. But I stand corrected, for some reason I thought he wore 45 during part of his rookie year, not 1995. Thanks! Anybody have any thoughts on the sig?

Ryan1125
09-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Looks like a pre-print or re-print...

thenavarro
09-28-2015, 03:34 PM
That is 100% not an authentic Michael Jordan signed photo. It is a common facsimile.

Mike

deeg23
09-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Hey yeah I just took a look under my loupe and I think I agree with you guys. Someone over on autograph mag live said he thinks it was stamped because of the evenness of how the ink bled throughout. I also didn't mention that on the back you can see some of the indentation marks and a little part where ink bled through the photo. Just curious if a stamp would push through like that or could it have been an autopen too? Mike, have you seen these RPM Nissan photos before? Here's the whole photo too.

thenavarro
09-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Mike, have you seen these RPM Nissan photos before? Here's the whole photo too.

Yes, and they also use the same photo and sig for Rayovac. The "signature" is the exact same on every one.

Mike