PDA

View Full Version : SGC question

Luke
09-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Hey Guys,

Hoping someone here can give me a quick answer. Thanks in advance.

I want to send in a package with three separate submissions, and don't know whether that is possible or not. Can I send in all three of these in one box, and if so, what is the process like on my end?

1. tobacco card special (probably like 25 cards)

2. Re-holder (2 cards)

3. t206 printer's scrap (1 card)

familytoad
09-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Luke, just make three different invoices, and you can absolutely use just one box.
I wrap the printed submission around the stack with rubber bands and it has worked flawlessly.
Best wishes!

bnorth
09-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Luke, just make three different invoices, and you can absolutely use just one box.
I wrap the printed submission around the stack with rubber bands and it has worked flawlessly.
Best wishes!

+1 great advice. I have done the same exact thing with no problems.

glchen
09-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Yes, you can put three submissions into a single package. You can do it a couple of ways. The first way is to use three different submission forms for each of your submissions. You would pay for return postage for each one. The submissions at the higher service level would be returned to you faster, obviously. The second option is to combine all of your submissions into a single one so that you will only have to pay a single return postage for all of your cards. However, then the time will default to the slowest service level. For example, if you have one submission that is a 2 day service level and another one that is a 20 day service level, if you combine them, all of the cards would be returned at the 20 day service level even though you paid more for the 2 day service level card. The benefit here is that you would only need to pay one return shipping cost. What I do here is to put the submission on a spreadsheet, with the columns mirroring what is on the submission form. Add two more columns to the spreadsheet, the first for service level, and the second for the cost at that service level, and then add the total costs and shipping that way. Include a regular submission form, but in the form, say to look at the spreadsheet for details.

Edit: I've attached a picture of one of my SGC submission spreadsheets where I did this. Note that I blanked out the card # and put a generic "ABC" for the player name, which you would need to fill out properly.

xplainer
09-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Hey Luke,
The answer is already posted above. A sub form for each level/special and you can put them in the same box.

It's really three orders, but shipped to them in one box.

I've done it myself.

Best of luck buddy.

-Jimmy

Luke
09-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Thank you guys!

kmac32
09-26-2015, 03:07 PM
I just had the same situation for a T207 and a W501 card. I ended up putting them on one invoice as it was only $2 more and the return postage would have ben $8 on both plus insurance. I ended up saving the second postage by doing so and the T207 was worth $500 so it didn't exactly fall into their special due to the card being worth more than $250.

steve B
09-26-2015, 08:03 PM
When I sent a few cards in under two different specials I emailed and asked if it was possible to have the return shipping done together. Not a problem, and they had me put All the cards on the same form.

Did well on the old stuff, not so well on the new stuff.

Steve B

robw1959
09-27-2015, 09:32 AM
Just as an aside, this would not be possible with PSA, who will charge you separate shipping AND insurance fees for each type of submission that requires a separate submission form. It has been my experience that they don't combine anything for you.