PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Topps Jackson PSA 9(OC) on ebay

DanP
09-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Has anyone else been following this? He's been trying for awhile to sucker someone into ignoring the OC and overpaying for this card.

I saw last week that "someone" bid $1,500 which was his minimum bid. Then somehow, miraculously shortly after the listing ended he knew they weren't going to pay (didn't give the 48 hours he has in his listing) and he relisted it.

pokerplyr80
09-26-2015, 02:27 PM
I will admit that one doesn't look too bad for an OC qualified card. Could cross to an SGC 8 or 8.5. The seller's claim that it would re-grade through PSA to a straight 9 is pretty ridiculous though. I'm sure if that was possible he would have already done it.

The practice of over-pricing qualified cards is far from limited to this seller as I constantly see outrageous prices for 8 and 9 OC cards on ebay.

It's my understanding that the qualifier is the equivalent of a two grade drop and the value of the card drops accordingly. I would expect to pay the going rate for a PSA 7 for a 9 OC, or perhaps a little less.

Stampsfan
09-29-2015, 12:59 PM
I hear you. I get tired of opening an item to look closely and find a qualifier. Getting a checklist and then seeing an MK qualifier is ridiculous.

Further, look at '52 Mantles today. PSA 8's are going for more than $300K, and a PSA 8(OC) goes for well under $100K. That's a pretty huge price differential.

I'm with you, last time I read the Set Registry information (which honestly is not that often), what I took away is a 2 grade drop for a qualifier on scoring the set. That's what I have used to determine pricing.