PDA

View Full Version : Day 14 at SGC....

xplainer
09-25-2015, 05:55 PM
No better on turn around times than PSA. I'm at day 14 on a 10 Business Day turn around at SGC. And we are now at the weekend. Maybe Monday they post the grades.

I've had 20 plus over days at PSA. We'll see how this goes.

What have you guys experienced from those two?

asphaltman
09-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Sounds surprising to me, I've always had things grade on time from SGC and PSA. Are you day 14 from when they logged in receiving your submission?

pokerplyr80
09-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Not sure about SGC but at PSA I've found out that at whatever service level you select, the business day count down starts when they enter your package in their system. This may happen the same day, or may take a couple of days, even with an express option.

I have had a few discussions regarding this fact with PSA especially when paying for express 5 or 10 day service on higher end cards. They never post anything until the last possible day in my experience.

kmac32
09-25-2015, 08:43 PM
SGC enters it into the system on the day they receive it and the count starts then. 10 days means 10 business days not 10 calendar days and they are only rough estimates of time as some are less and some are a day or two over. I wouldn't worry too much and you can always call.

Taxman
09-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Call and ask for Earl. He will take care of you.

tombocombo
09-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Extremely easy to work with. Call them and you will fine.

xplainer
09-26-2015, 07:25 AM
Yeah, 14 BD from when entered the system.
Thanks.

Sean1125
09-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Jimmy,

SGC was at a show this past week and I believe that was cause for the delay (I have several "walk through" orders that are sitting until Monday.

I went ahead and sent Earl an e-mail for you. Hopefully this can get expedited.

Sean

Jobu
09-26-2015, 11:47 AM
I have a 5-business day order at PSA. They signed for this order on Wednesday and still haven't entered it into the system. In my eyes the clock on their turnaround ought to start when they sign for it, not whenever they decide to open the package.

glchen
09-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Right as others have said, I don't think you can compare SGC (or Beckett) to PSA when it comes to turnaround time because only PSA has the concept of "loggage time" where the countdown for the turnaround time does not even start until your submission is logged. PSA could have been sitting on your 2 day service level for 1-2 weeks (not unrealistic if you didn't put the service level on the outside of the box), and they would still theoretically processed your order "on time" if it were graded a couple days after loggage.

xplainer
09-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Jimmy,

SGC was at a show this past week and I believe that was cause for the delay (I have several "walk through" orders that are sitting until Monday.

I went ahead and sent Earl an e-mail for you. Hopefully this can get expedited.

Sean

Wow. Thanks Sean. I didn't expect that.
Much appreciated.

xplainer
09-28-2015, 05:23 PM
A public thank you to Sean and Earl.
Earl contacted me and said it would be resolved today.
And it was.

Thank you Sean and Thank you Earl.:)

darwinbulldog
09-28-2015, 11:43 PM
It's not who you know; it's whom you know.