PDA

View Full Version : Philly Show This Weekend...

braves_43
09-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Is anyone on this board going to attempt to get to the Philly Show this weekend with all the gridlock expected from the Pope visit?

I'm going to try and get down there from Berks County. Is anyone else traveling from Berks? If so, what route do you recommend? I'm definitely going to avoid 422...

x2drich2000
09-24-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm planning on going from central jersey on Sat. Normally I take the turnpike from Willow Grove, but will probably just take back roads cutting through Quakertown, Lansdale, etc to avoid the major highways.

DJ

philliesfan
09-24-2015, 02:49 PM
I am going straight though the PA Turnpike to Valley Forge and there. I personally don't think there will be a traffic problem.

e107collector
09-25-2015, 06:15 AM
I was planning on attending, but my cousin lives in Valley Forge. He told me to do myself a favor, and avoid the area!! He is going to stay with his mother for the weekend up north. I'll pass this show.

He said it's crazy already.

I'll be there in December!! See you all then.

Tony

Jewish-collector
09-25-2015, 10:50 AM
I was planning to go, but I think I will pass. I'll be at the Dec show !!!

philliesfan
09-25-2015, 01:56 PM
I am seriously reconsidering my decision to go. I heard that I-76 will be closed leading into Philly.
I live near Bristol and would have gotten on there (last exit before NJ) and gotten off at Valley Forge. But now I think I will stay home based on a lot of what I am hearing now.
Robert

glynparson
09-25-2015, 04:51 PM
room was rather empty, fewer dealers than usual, not a ton to buy, was out of there in 45 minutes and that was with spending time socializing.

braves_43
09-25-2015, 08:26 PM
How was the traffic?

glynparson
09-26-2015, 03:01 AM
yesterday was less than normal, don't expect that today as it should be rather crowded due to the pope and a convention at the oaks.

boneheadandrube
09-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Show is quiet. Nothing spectacular for sale, some familiar ebay items. Goodwin has a 1912 Boston Garter Chance previewing for the next auction. I forgot how big those are in person. If you don't like crowds its a good show, I live 15 minutes from there so my driving experience there is not worthy of a report on traffic...

Eric72
09-26-2015, 12:15 PM
I went today, picked up a few cards, and had a good time. Traffic was fine and presented absolutely no trouble spots. I took 30 to 202 to 422 and found it to be smooth sailing the whole time.

Bobsbats
09-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Heading over tomorrow with a couple Autographs to sell and possibly pick up a couple things hopefully ! I try to never miss a show whether at Willow Grove, Ft. Washington or Valley Forge.

ncinin
09-27-2015, 06:52 AM
People completely overreacted to the potential traffic problems. I talked to people that attended the show from the DC area, Baltimore, from the west and north and heard no one say they encountered traffic delays.

Since the show on Saturday starts at 9am there is usually little show traffic for a hour or two but starting late morning the show traffic was decent, a lot better than one would expect considering the overhyped impending traffic problems.

AMBST95
09-28-2015, 12:40 PM
I attended on Saturday with my son. We were in and out in about an hour. This was the least attended show I've been to in the past few years of going, by both dealers and attendees. I didn't really see much but bought a few things I had on my wantlist. I felt bad for those who set up at the show as it looked pretty empty. The meager autograph sessions didn't help bring in much foot traffic either. I don't think they could find anyone willing to come in to Philadelphia this weekend.

basesareempty
09-29-2015, 06:15 AM
Fanatics also put on a show at FedEx Field outside of Washington DC with over 100 dealer tables sold. I saw many familiar dealers set up there. They had 60 or so autograph guests including Mike Tyson and Alex Ovechkin and from what I can tell they too didn't draw big crowds. I spoke to one of the autograph dealers who said that he didn't think any player had more than 25 people through the line.