PDA

View Full Version : Jeter and Munson autos. Fake?

pitchingace77
09-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I saw these balls on eBay and both signatures look off to me. Seller says there may be clubhouse autos. Are these clubhouse autos?
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr74/ellenhaskel/ellenhaskel045/ball1e.jpg (http://s471.photobucket.com/user/ellenhaskel/media/ellenhaskel045/ball1e.jpg.html)

khkco4bls
09-23-2015, 02:33 PM
S*** I don't know about the Jeter but the Munson looks good to me

Kco
09-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Jeter looks ok to me, older version of his signature but from the pictures I like it.

GrayGhost
09-23-2015, 05:03 PM
We need Chris "the Truth is out there" Williams for firm thoughts on the Jeter. Munson looks good to me

dgo71
09-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Jeter does look like his minor league signature, but I'm always wary of top name guys at the very top or bottom of a panel. A common forger's trick is to add the star player to an older ball with authentic signatures of no-names in an attempt to boost credibility/value.

joed25
09-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Why would Scott Brosius and Joe Torre be on a Jeter Minor League ball? I say fake.

EldoEsq
09-24-2015, 07:24 PM
It's not a minor league ball...its a FanFest ball. Jeter was there in 95 or 96 (I was at one of them but can't remember which). I have torre on the sweetspot of mine as well as Jeter, Pettite, Bernie, Tino, Andy Fox, Girardi, and a couple of others I can't remember. Ball is in storage...have to dig it up

Mr. Zipper
09-24-2015, 07:58 PM
It's not a minor league ball...its a FanFest ball. Jeter was there in 95 or 96 (I was at one of them but can't remember which). I have torre on the sweetspot of mine as well as Jeter, Pettite, Bernie, Tino, Andy Fox, Girardi, and a couple of others I can't remember. Ball is in storage...have to dig it up

Jeter was at the Yankee fanfest at the Coliseum at Columbus Circle in January 1996. The funny thing is he was virtually unknown and had little to no line. Sitting next to him was the better known Andy Fox who had a long line, which included many starry eyed young women. :)

That was fine with me because I got to chat with Jeter for a few minutes with no pressure to move it along. To my knowledge, Jeter never appeared at another Fanfest... And I think they stopped doing them in 97 or 98.

That said, if this is a fanfest ball, how is Scott Brosius on it?

Stanesq
09-24-2015, 09:51 PM
Jeter is good, an early sig. The Munson is clubhouse IMHO.

chaddurbin
09-24-2015, 10:39 PM
not in love with the D but gonna throw my hat in the it's good camp on Jeter.

EldoEsq
09-25-2015, 03:21 PM
Jeter was at the Yankee fanfest at the Coliseum at Columbus Circle in January 1996. The funny thing is he was virtually unknown and had little to no line. Sitting next to him was the better known Andy Fox who had a long line, which included many starry eyed young women. :)

That was fine with me because I got to chat with Jeter for a few minutes with no pressure to move it along. To my knowledge, Jeter never appeared at another Fanfest... And I think they stopped doing them in 97 or 98.

That said, if this is a fanfest ball, how is Scott Brosius on it?

Good point...looks like Brosius might have been added at a different time. Jeter is the exact same pen as Tony Cloninger right below him, with the same aging of the ink. On my ball, they all signed with the exact same style pen.

That was the FanFest I was at...I also remember NOONE on Joe Girardi's line as everyone was pissed Mike Stanley was gone!

thetruthisoutthere
09-25-2015, 03:52 PM
I saw these balls on eBay and both signatures look off to me. Seller says there may be clubhouse autos. Are these clubhouse autos?
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr74/ellenhaskel/ellenhaskel045/ball1e.jpg (http://s471.photobucket.com/user/ellenhaskel/media/ellenhaskel045/ball1e.jpg.html)

I don't like it at all.

thetruthisoutthere
09-25-2015, 04:56 PM
I believe it could be a clubhouse Jeter.

One thing for certain; Jeter didn't sign that baseball.

chaddurbin
09-26-2015, 12:19 AM
Chris or anyone else have known clubhouse examples of jeter sig?

yanksfan09
09-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Jeter is garbage in my opinion

w7imel
09-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I believe it could be a clubhouse Jeter.

One thing for certain; Jeter didn't sign that baseball.

Jeter clubhouse? Never heard of such a thing...Im not saying its not true but when was this practice started? I know clubhouse autos were popular decades ago but modern day as well?

Mr. Zipper
09-28-2015, 01:11 PM
Jeter clubhouse? Never heard of such a thing...Im not saying its not true but when was this practice started? I know clubhouse autos were popular decades ago but modern day as well?

Absolutely. There are many modern Yankee team balls with clubhouse sigs in the mix. Late 90s/early 2000s especially, someone was frequently signing for Jeter.

thetruthisoutthere
09-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Absolutely. There are many modern Yankee team balls with clubhouse sigs in the mix. Late 90s/early 2000s especially, someone was frequently signing for Jeter.

Absolutely.

7nohitter
09-28-2015, 07:18 PM
What about the Munson?...notice the same ball has Berra and Jackson visible