PDA

View Full Version : Redux

frankbmd
09-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Clearly after nearly 700 years many thread topics on Net54 tend to show up over and over again. Granted, fresh, new interesting topics may be more difficult to generate. Perhaps it would be useful to sound off about any recurring topic or theme that irks you the most. Such a list will be useful to newer members to avoid being irksome, if they choose.

In no particular order and without passing judgement on any particular topic, I will list a few, but there are others:

Doppelgängers

Scanners

Ridiculous EBay Listings

Is this authentic?

What is this worth?

What should I collect?

Heathen and Crook Warnings

Legal Eagle Battles

And last but not least any thread started by frankbmd:D:D:D:D

Econteachert205
09-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks Frank, I needed a laugh. For me it's not so much the post but the level of obviousness and repetitiveness. For example, obvious t206 reprints being sold on eBay and the indignation that follows. However some of the threads about fake Ruth rookies and the like have been very useful.

pkaufman
09-22-2015, 06:09 PM
Anything T206.

Luke
09-22-2015, 06:11 PM
My vote would be for the ebay reprint listings. But after awhile, I realized who usually starts them and that I can just not click on them. You probably should have included "t206 minutia threads". I happen to be interested in most of those, but I can understand how they drive a lot of members crazy.

My favorite threads are any that deal with researching or pooling knowledge about various sets and issues. That is the best part of this board in my opinion.

Peter_Spaeth
09-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Thanks Frank, I needed a laugh. For me it's not so much the post but the level of obviousness and repetitiveness. For example, obvious t206 reprints being sold on eBay and the indignation that follows. However some of the threads about fake Ruth rookies and the like have been very useful.

And with that said, someone just started yet another one LOL.

Butch7999
09-22-2015, 11:40 PM
Any thread in which the title and first twenty or so words don't give a reasonably clear indication
of what it's about and whether it's worth clicking...

bobbyw8469
09-23-2015, 04:44 AM
You forgot one - threads complaining about threads.

buymycards
09-23-2015, 05:26 AM
Don't forget about people spamming their ebay listings in the regular BST section.

autograf
09-23-2015, 06:56 AM
be sure to get your Redux in a row...........

T206Collector
09-23-2015, 07:04 AM
It would be helpful for me if the people who like to post about idiots selling reprint T206s on ebay would put "Reprint" or something in the title so I can just move along without clicking into it. Thread titles like "Whoa! Check this out!" sometimes lure me in, and then it's just a reprint thread.

ullmandds
09-23-2015, 07:04 AM
t206...t206...t206...analysis paralysis!!!!!!

basic questions that can easily be figured out with the tiniest bit of research.

post war in prewar section .

rocarroll
09-23-2015, 07:21 AM
Let's not forget about the most common thread of all. Those complaining about all the threads and comments that they don't like. So i'll ironically I'll add to that list of "tired" posts by complaining about things not liked with a post complaining.

bobbyw8469
09-23-2015, 08:16 AM
Let's not forget about the most common thread of all. Those complaining about all the threads and comments that they don't like. So i'll ironically I'll add to that list of "tired" posts by complaining about things not liked with a post complaining.

Beat you to it....see post #7......that is what is so ironic about this post!!!

clydepepper
09-23-2015, 08:21 AM
I have issues with the last two posts...:rolleyes:

ullmandds
09-23-2015, 08:45 AM
I also love the threads that begin by bashing a seller...or auction house for douchey behavior...and then end with an outpouring of praise for said douche when reparations are made which should have been made in the first place.

rocarroll
09-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Man! I wanted to be the first to complain about complaining. But hey got give credit where credits due. You did complain first. Dab nab it!!

Beat you to it....see post #7......that is what is so ironic about this post!!!

rocarroll
09-23-2015, 10:07 AM
No one like a complainer :)

I have issues with the last two posts...:rolleyes:

bobbyw8469
09-23-2015, 11:05 AM
I hate posts that hate posts that call out threads.

chipperhank44
09-23-2015, 11:48 AM
I also love the threads that begin by bashing a seller...or auction house for douchey behavior...and then end with an outpouring of praise for said douche when reparations are made which should have been made in the first place.

I like it when the OP complains/reports douchey behavior, investigative questions from members follow, and ultimately it is revealed that the OP was indeed the douche all along. That's my fav.

rocarroll
09-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Another of my faves is every month when someone starts the monthly pickup thread. I like the thread but there's always someone posting pics of their $10 T- 206 beater card they bought. There are 6 pics of the front, back, corners etc like its a Wagner Congrats on that beauty, what a find and thanks for sharing. Like Chris Carter says, "C'mon man!"

The Nasty Nati
09-23-2015, 12:17 PM
Threads about Cobb's with Lenox backs.

Sean
09-23-2015, 02:22 PM
Threads about Cobb's with Lenox backs.

I was waiting for this one.... :D

JustinD
09-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Another of my faves is every month when someone starts the monthly pickup thread. I like the thread but there's always someone posting pics of their $10 T- 206 beater card they bought. There are 6 pics of the front, back, corners etc like its a Wagner Congrats on that beauty, what a find and thanks for sharing. Like Chris Carter says, "C'mon man!"

Depending on the budget and the collector, they may be more proud of that card than a CEO getting a Wagner to put on his office desk to impress clients. I never feel like bringing down a proud papa.

There are plenty of people with ugly babies, it's not my job to bring them down.

rocarroll
09-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Depending on the budget and the collector, they may be more proud of that card than a CEO getting a Wagner to put on his office desk to impress clients. I never feel like bringing down a proud papa.

There are plenty of people with ugly babies, it's not my job to bring them down.

How about my feelings. I'm a proud papa of that post and you just brought me down. Guess that doesn't count

Peter_Spaeth
09-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Frank you've really created a winner here. :D:D:D

frohme
09-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Frank you've really created a winner here. :D:D:D

It had to be Frank ... author of the most-viewed (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=views), most-replied-to (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=replycount) thread on the board (by a long shot), and one that has a natural longevity that could keep it a fixture for sometime... this one, not so much, but it'll be fun to watch.

--
Mike

Paul S
09-24-2015, 07:08 AM
USPS, UPS or FedEx stole my gal, or at least mussed her hair in transit.