PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Koufax auto ball

bufert57
09-21-2015, 09:51 PM
All of my balls I am certain are authentic because I buy from private signings. I bought this Koufax from a dealer/collector store with COA but don't fully trust it. I don't know if I should send it to PSA or save my money. Does anyone have experience with Koufax's signature?

HOF Auto Rookies
09-21-2015, 09:52 PM
All of my balls I am certain are authentic because I buy from private signings. I bought this Koufax from a dealer/collector store with COA but don't fully trust it. I don't know if I should send it to PSA or save my money. Does anyone have experience with Koufax's signature?

Almost looks drawn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vthobby
09-22-2015, 05:34 AM
It also looks like he drew it while hanging from a ceiling upside down.

;)

Mike

bufert57
09-22-2015, 07:44 AM
everytime I upload, it's upside down. Now the quality is bad. I will upload a new photo today.

But opinions so far is that it's no good?

theshleps
09-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Looks like someone trying to copy a rushed in person autograph

djson1
09-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Why did you buy it from that dealer if you didn't fully trust it? Was it a very good price? If it was dirt cheap, then that's another reason to raise your eyebrow.

The only time I would buy a "rushed" Koufax like that is if I saw that it was signed in person. I know there have been numerous posts on this site about Spring Training rushed signed balls by Koufax, but unless I was there to see it, I wouldn't buy them. There are so many beautifully signed Koufax balls out there that you can buy for anywhere from $200-$300 easily.

khkco4bls
09-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Could it just be that Sandy Koufax is older and that his signature just got shaky.

packs
09-22-2015, 01:24 PM
It doesn't look like the one I got at Spring Training this year. So if they say it was in person, I wouldn't buy that particular one, even if good. But that's just me.

theshleps
09-22-2015, 01:55 PM
If you look at 2015 card company certified autographed cards his autograph isn't shaky. Just te in person rushed ones

bufert57
09-23-2015, 02:41 PM
Why did you buy it from that dealer if you didn't fully trust it? Was it a very good price? If it was dirt cheap, then that's another reason to raise your eyebrow.

The only time I would buy a "rushed" Koufax like that is if I saw that it was signed in person. I know there have been numerous posts on this site about Spring Training rushed signed balls by Koufax, but unless I was there to see it, I wouldn't buy them. There are so many beautifully signed Koufax balls out there that you can buy for anywhere from $200-$300 easily.

The "rushed" balls on eBay are the reason I raised my eyebrow last week. I saw a bunch posted with the same photo of Koufax signing and them holding a blank ball by him. How is that proof? Anyway, I saw that mine had the more rushed "S" but looked like "he/they" really pressed down and made it slowly.

I bought it from this dealer because it came with a COA. I always get them that say in person authentic in store signing. I was going through my certs the other day and realized theirs said it was believed to be authentic by personal inspection. It was so long ago that I missed it.

The shop will refund my purchase so its all good. I am glad I caught it and I am thankful for all of the help here. Thank you!