PDA

View Full Version : 1945 World Series Armed Forces Sporting News

906bum
09-21-2015, 11:18 AM
I'll start by admitting I'm a total newb to the site and I created an acct just for this particular item.

I recently found an October 4, 1945 Armed Forces Overseas Edition Sporting News covering the 1945 Tigers/Cubs World Series. In my uneducated opinion it's in fair condition, having been stored folded in a box in an attic. It is complete and not brittle, however. Can anyone tell me about it, perhaps how rare it is or how to get an estimate on it's worth? I live in a fairly remote area so I'd likely have to travel a few hours to get somewhere a reputable sports memorabilia appraiser would be. I can't find a thing about it online, but I believe WWII/1945 World Series combined memorabilia is probably pretty sought after.

Any help would be much appreciated!

soccersaver97
09-21-2015, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately sporting news/1945 world series newspapers are not very valuable. Considering the damage to the edges of the paper I would say it is worth about $5-10.

906bum
09-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Ok, I had a feeling that was the case. I'll probably just frame it and keep it since I'm a Tigers fan and a history buff. Thank you for your input!