09-19-2015, 04:02 PM
can I get your opinions on these auto,s

thanks bobby

thetruthisoutthere
09-19-2015, 04:48 PM
The Mantle is a forgery.

David Atkatz
09-19-2015, 07:15 PM
The forgeries you're wasting your money on, Bobby, aren't even close.
Perhaps you should do a bit more homework before buying your next one.

TAVG
09-19-2015, 07:43 PM
red looks awful.

bobby doerr looks off as well.

minibatsman
09-20-2015, 09:13 AM
in south Alabama there is not many places to buy cards besides Walmart.

I bought these items in the 90s probably of QVC they all have certs. for what that is worth.

I have understood for years who and were to buy items.for years and I have not bought a signed item not certified by PSA or factory items.

that didn't change the fact that I still had these items that needed real authentication and until I found this site my only option was to spend money on something I wasn't confident with.

I have a couple more like Jordan and Montana I wouldn't mind yall telling me there junk also? thanks for your info.

thanks bobby

TAVG
09-20-2015, 01:49 PM

I bought these items in the 90s probably of QVC they all have certs. for what that is worth.

I have understood for years who and were to buy items.for years and I have not bought a signed item not certified by PSA or factory items.

that didn't change the fact that I still had these items that needed real authentication and until I found this site my only option was to spend money on something I wasn't confident with.

I have a couple more like Jordan and Montana I wouldn't mind yall telling me there junk also? thanks for your info.

thanks bobby

I live in south east Missouri, closest shop is over 2 hours away in either Memphis or St. Louis.

still gotta do your research on items before dropping money like that on items.

David Atkatz
09-20-2015, 01:55 PM
...and until I found this site my only option was to spend money on something I wasn't confident with.Uhh... no, Bobby. You had another option. NOT to spend money on something you weren't confident with.

And essentially saying "It's not my fault because I hadn't yet found you guys to do my work for me" is not the best excuse.

TAVG
09-20-2015, 01:58 PM

thanks bobby

jordan is one of the most faked autographs out there, so most likely yes.

sycks22
09-20-2015, 02:56 PM
I didn't think there were fake Doerr's out there but this one has proven me wrong.

7nohitter
09-20-2015, 03:29 PM
I didn't think there were fake Doerr's out there but this one has proven me wrong.

Seriously! Who fakes a Doerr? The guy is STILL signing...just send your item to him!

thetruthisoutthere
09-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Uhh... no, Bobby. You had another option. NOT to spend money on something you weren't confident with.

And essentially saying "It's not my fault because I hadn't yet found you guys to do my work for me" is not the best excuse.

+1

I will never understand that thought process.

TAVG
09-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Seriously! Who fakes a Doerr? The guy is STILL signing...just send your item to him!

he's one of the best, if not THE best TTM signer lol
smh

i just wonder how much he spent on the bats.....O.o

Runscott
09-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Uhh... no, Bobby. You had another option. NOT to spend money on something you weren't confident with.

Oddly, the only people who take your recommended approach are people who don't need to be told to do so. Coming on here for opinions is great if you've already done your research;otherwise, 5 times out of 10 (perhaps even more), you are just getting opinions from people who know very little more than you do.

Learning whose opinions you should ignore is half of the research. There are even a couple of guys here who I use as negative barometers.

Mr. Zipper
09-20-2015, 07:10 PM
There are even a couple of guys here who I use as negative barometers.

Now why make a comment like this unless you are going to name names?

:D

thetruthisoutthere
09-20-2015, 07:17 PM

+1

Runscott
09-20-2015, 07:38 PM

My point is that you can't trust many of the opinions you read in this sub-forum. There isn't any need for me to give any names; however, I understand completely, and I admit that a good old-fashioned sub-forum brawl would probably be more interesting than what we've gotten in here over the last year.

On the positive side, I would list the last two posters in this thread.

Runscott
09-23-2015, 09:03 PM
wow...no one was up to the challenge. That really surprises me. :)