PDA

View Full Version : How Many Identical Poses Are in the T-206 set?

PolarBear
09-18-2015, 11:13 AM
For example, the red/green Cobb, the Lundgren Cubs/KC, red/yellow Chance, etc.

Just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head how many there are total, no need to list them all out. Thanks.

mybuddyinc
09-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Might have missed a few, but:

G. Brown
Chance
Chase, throw
Cobb
Dahlen
Demmitt
Doyle, NY above head
Elberfeld
Kleinow. catch
Lundgren
Magee/Magie
Mathewson, pitch
O'Hara
Smith. Chi.

Close, different cropping;

Bender, pitch
Chase, portrait
Evers

PolarBear
09-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks. What I'm ultimately wondering is, if you can actually arrive at 460 cards, what was intended by that number anyway.

If you have 524 - minus the SL's, you have 476. That leaves 16 "duplicate" cards to arrive at the 460 number, which makes me think there must have been 16 cards considered "duplicates" as far as the printing company was concerned.

Your list has 17. I'm sure we'll never probably figure out what the printer really intended but your list is pretty darn close.

mybuddyinc
09-18-2015, 02:11 PM
You "could" throw Mathewson in the "close but different crop" category, then you'd be down to 16. For what ever that's worth :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PolarBear
09-19-2015, 10:05 AM
After looking at this list further, and scans of the cards, I came up with the following:

We start at 476 which is 524 - the 48 SL's.

Magee and Doyle are corrected errors - 474

Brown/Klienow/Smith are text (team) changes only, the portraits are identical.

Now we're at 471

Demitt/Dahlen/O'hara/Lundgren/Elberfield are all identical portraits with team changes on the uniform.

Now we're down to 466

Cobb/Chance/Mathewson/Evers/Chase/Chase are varying degrees of color/uniform/cropping changes. Interestingly, they are the 6 super prints.

That gets us to 460.

It also leaves the Bender unaccounted for. Uniform/background/cropping are all different. A more extreme example of that is the Brown Cubs pitching.

So, we made it to the advertised set number of "460" by eliminating the printing errors, team changes, and super prints. That seems like a pretty tidy grouping.

I'll go out on a limb and say that was the intent of the printers when they advertised 460 "different" subjects. So, out on a limb again, the Bender (and Brown Cubs) would have been intended as a "different" subjects in the 460 set.

PolarBear
09-22-2015, 08:40 AM
No other comments? :confused:

darwinbulldog
09-22-2015, 09:05 AM
How different does it have to be to be considered a unique pose? Cobb green and Cobb red are from two different paintings. Notice, for example, that his expression seems more surprised in the green background portrait.