PDA

View Full Version : 1913 Cravats Felt Pennant questions

tschock
09-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Since most here know more about these things than I do....

I picked this up last week and have some questions. There are 12 complete pennants here (with grommets) and 4 partials on this cut piece of a 'blanket'. I can't even imagine the others that might have been on the original pre-cut piece. :( For those that care about the breakdown and don't want to try and decipher it from the scan:

Complete:
Archer - green(2), red(2), blue
Dooin - light green, blue, purple
Meyers - red, blue
*Chase - red
*Wagner (Heine) - blue

Partials:
Archer - (yes, TWO more) blue, red
Coombs - green
Chase - blue

The most recent (?) SCD catalog only lists 21 players, but the checklist at Old Cardboard (http://www.oldcardboard.com/o/b/cravats/cravats-list.asp) shows 25 players. I have 2 more not on the Old Cardboard list (Chase and Wagner).

Are these previously unknown players or have they been reported before but I need an updated player checklist? If so, can someone provide one?
Do color variations matter as far as rarity?
Opinions on where I should separate them or leave the piece as is?

bigfish
09-15-2015, 07:48 PM
I would say the new ones are additions to the checklist. I don't think too many people are making this master set so color variations won't command a huge premium.

I would keep this in tact.

Sgc does grade these if you separated them. I would buy the Hal Chase if selling .

Brian Van Horn
09-15-2015, 08:44 PM
Just a couple for the conversation.

dstudeba
09-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Very nice pickup, I don't think I have ever seen the Henie before, not sure about the Chase. The best person to talk to would be Chris who goes by "Bugsy" on this board. He has an incredible collection of these.

Bugsy
09-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Email sent :)