PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone here win this photo? 1956 Press Photo Hugh Wise of Braves Lectures Milwau

horzverti
09-15-2015, 03:16 PM
This eBay auction sold on 7/16/15. I am hoping that someone here on Net 54 maybe won this one and may be willing to sell it. It was sold by HistoricImages01.

The auction was titled: 1956 Press Photo Hugh Wise of Braves Lectures Milwaukee Farm Teams

It is a large group overhead group shot of many of the Milwaukee Braves minor leaguers at the Braves training facility in Waycross Georgia in 1956.

Please let me know if you are the owner of this one and if you would consider selling it.

Thanks much!

Curt

jerseygary
09-15-2015, 04:16 PM
I didn't win this, but I'm working on a little book on Kentucky baseball and Hughie Wise is one of the players I included. Thanks for posting this because while I knew he was a scout in Latin America and designed baseball stadiums and training facilities I didn't know he ran Braves training camps.

Good luck in your search for the photo.

horzverti
09-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks Gary.

I know that I may be searching for a needle in a haystack, but I have to give it a try. My Dad is in the photo. He was in the Braves' farm system for a few years and there are only a few pics of him that we know of. We have the newspaper clipping in which this photo was used, but we would really like the original...if possible. Still searching! :)

UnVme7
09-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Have you tried contacting the seller? They might give you the info if you sweet talk them.

buymycards
09-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi Curt, can you please tell me your father's name, which Braves farm teams he played for, and the years that he played?

Thanks, Rick

horzverti
09-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Hi Rick,

PM sent.

I hope to have an update on my quest to find the photo very soon!

Curt

horzverti
11-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Here is an update to the thread with great news. I have the photo!

I want to say thanks so much to the kind people who went out of their way to help me obtain it. You know who you are. It is amazing how many great, generous collectors we have in our hobby.

I recently showed the photo to my Dad and my family. They were all blown away that we now have the original photo. I am blown away too.

Thanks again guys.

Here is an image of Dad's original newspaper clipping next to the original photo.

batsballsbases
11-10-2015, 09:33 PM
I love stories like this! Nice job Curt and all who were involved...That made my day!:)

Jay Wolt
11-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Curt great news that its in your Dad's hands

jerseygary
11-11-2015, 05:34 AM
That made my day as well! Great to know you were helped by other collectors.