PDA

View Full Version : wagner 5-1/4 X7-3/4

minibatsman
09-10-2015, 02:43 PM
anyone no what this is?

Leon
09-10-2015, 02:51 PM
What kiind of stock is it on? Is there anything on the back? What is the backstory if any? Otherwise it looks like a photo of Wagner.

timn1
09-10-2015, 02:52 PM
English police strike!

minibatsman
09-10-2015, 04:10 PM
this photo dose not belong to me.

I don't own it and I don't have it with me. but I no the man who does .

And whatever it is I know its real.

He has never sold anything. but he is ready to now I am just helping.

But neither one of us can find a dollar value on some of the oddball stuff like this photo.

the stuff he has is very impressive.

e107collector
09-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Here is a different pic of the photo. It was on EBay a few years ago for around $1,700.00. It either sold or was taken down. I believe it was from 1902, but don't quote me.

Great looking portrait.

Tony

drcy
09-10-2015, 05:53 PM
It isn't a photo. You can see the dot matrix pattern.

minibatsman
09-10-2015, 06:41 PM
it is a thick not real thick but it does have that checker pattern.

minibatsman
09-10-2015, 07:11 PM
the photo listed by the other member is exactly the same as the one I have listed. the imperfection just above the right shoulder and other things exact.

I don't no about the card stock. I am going to ask him to send it of to be graded.

Leon
09-11-2015, 07:37 AM
the photo listed by the other member is exactly the same as the one I have listed. the imperfection just above the right shoulder and other things exact.

I don't no about the card stock. I am going to ask him to send it of to be graded.

What drcy means by dot pattern is it is a reprint of a real photo (probably the one pictured afterwards). The imperfection above his shoulder is another clue it is a reprint (very little value).

drcy
09-11-2015, 11:59 AM
I wasn't saying what it is. The image is too blurry for me to tell much and I posted before I saw the second photo. I was just saying it isn't a photo.

Some antique baseball items do have a dot print pattern, but you need a big clear image to provide give a specific opinion on the printing and age. I know that anyone these days can take big clear digital images or scans these days, so don't bother taxing my brain cells when blurry images are provided.

minibatsman
09-11-2015, 12:09 PM
I agree with everyone . the owner dose not. I showed him the photo it is his dime. he has other stuff that I wouldn't try to buy or sell ungraded or authenticated.

He down loaded the forms and is sending some stuff to PSA.

I thank everyone for there opinions I could have took that wagner home with me and I would not have questioned if it was real or not.

Even with the other photo that to me says don't buy it. it dose looks look very real to me.