PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Colbert

RichardSimon
09-08-2015, 10:25 PM
His new show was very funny and he opened up a new one for Donald Trump, pummeled him thoroughly.

TAVG
09-10-2015, 06:42 PM
never cared for Colbert, he's not funny.

dabigyankeeman
09-14-2015, 11:06 AM
While Fallon is a great skit guy, Colbert is a much better interviewer.

I think Colbert just has to tone down himself a little, he is hyper and trying to act young to attract the younger people. I do like him a lot.

pclpads
09-19-2015, 11:46 AM

+ 1 and ditto for Fallon. Maybe if I was 10 going on 7, I'd be ROTFLMAO at Fallon's nonsense. But, I'm not and I don't. None of the current breed of late nite hosts can hold a candle to Carson as an interviewer. Even Leno was better than these clowns. At 11:30 pm, I count the minutes to Charlie Rose on PBS.

KCRfan1
09-21-2015, 05:47 PM
+ 1 and ditto for Fallon. Maybe if I was 10 going on 7, I'd be ROTFLMAO at Fallon's nonsense. But, I'm not and I don't. None of the current breed of late nite hosts can hold a candle to Carson as an interviewer. Even Leno was better than these clowns. At 11:30 pm, I count the minutes to Charlie Rose on PBS.

Carson was the very best. I can't watch any of these others and their juvenile humor.

Econteachert205
09-21-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't like people who are enamored of themselves. Colbert and Fallon to me qualify.

D. Bergin
09-22-2015, 06:25 PM
Colbert is pretty great. So there! :D

autograf
09-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Fallon is brilliant. I'm neither young nor old (49) I think. I'm not a huge Colbert fan. I've seen some snippets and I'd agree with the fact that I think he's a better interviewer than Fallon. I watched the Joe Biden interview and it was great. And I'm not a Biden fan in any way. Fallon is more of an SNL type skit show but the things he does are unparalleled on night shows. That's why his ratings are through the roof.

Beatles Guy
09-23-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm 41 and I love Colbert and Fallon. Though I was young, I did love Carson. Leno was terrible IMO, Letterman was OK.

Gobucsmagic74
09-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Love Colbert and can tolerate Fallon. What I can't tolerate however is all the people who seem to be in love with Fallon and think everything he does is absolutely amazing.

autograf
09-23-2015, 09:57 AM
sorry.....

Econteachert205
09-23-2015, 10:54 AM
I can certainly find them all funny, Fallon for 2-3 minutes at a time can be entertaining, but if I have to watch for a 1/2 hour or more the arrogance and self love just kills me. Carson seemed to have just the right amount of arrogance and charisma, maybe its an unfair measuring stick.

D. Bergin
09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
All these guys pretty much worship Johnny Carson, but in the end they can't be him and they just have to do what they're good at doing.

Myself, I grew up on Letterman at 12:30 after Carson. Hated Leno, gravitated to Conan O'Brien when Letterman got neutered in the 11:30 slot, and eventually found myself drawn to the Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert duo on Comedy Central.

Hoping Colbert doesn't find himself neutered while tackling the 11:30 network slot. I'll be honest, I know he's no longer in "character", but he seems pretty watered down far. I thought he handled Donald Trump with kid gloves last night. They were both playing a little too nicey nice with each other. Hopefully he just needs to find the right stride and settle in better.

I'm a little disappointed with The Wilmore Show that replaced Colbert on Comedy Central. Just doesn't have much pop to it. Hoping Trevor Noah fills in for Jon Stewart a little better on The Daily Show.

Todays version of Conan O'Brien along with Jimmy Kimmel, both do lots of great "bits", but I don't have the patience to sit through their entire shows. Not a fan of Fallon. I love his band, but he seems a bit too much of a try-hard, everybody please love me type of guy to me.

Peter_Spaeth
10-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Carson was the very best. I can't watch any of these others and their juvenile humor.

+ many. All the new stuff is sophomoric. Not that they aren't occasionally funny, but I could not watch regularly. If I watch TV at 1130, it's the Simpsons. :D

PolarBear
10-12-2015, 01:17 PM

+1. They guy is a tool.