PDA

View Full Version : WTB 1969 Eskimo Pie Dale Livingston/Gino Cappelletti (FB)

DBesse27
08-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi folks,

First, this is one of my first posts on Net54. I think BST threads are allowed in this forum. If that's incorrect, please let me know. I've been looking for the card in the title and somebody suggested I join here and maybe somebody could help.

The title says it all. I'm in search of this card which, by all accounts, is pretty scarce. I won't be picky about condition. If you have one available, please let me know.

Also I'm only 1 card short of 100% on the current Gino Cappelletti PSA master set composite: 1964 Topps #5 in PSA 8.

If you have either of these available, please contact me. PM works best. Thanks!

jefferyepayne
08-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Hi folks,

First, this is one of my first posts on Net54. I think BST threads are allowed in this forum. If that's incorrect, please let me know. I've been looking for the card in the title and somebody suggested I join here and maybe somebody could help.

The title says it all. I'm in search of this card which, by all accounts, is pretty scarce. I won't be picky about condition. If you have one available, please let me know.

Also I'm only 1 card short of 100% on the current Gino Cappelletti PSA master set composite: 1964 Topps #5 in PSA 8.

If you have either of these available, please contact me. PM works best. Thanks!

The Eskimo Pie Cappelletti is a short print and really tough to find. Good luck and I hope you snag one! If you find two, let me know :)

jeff

DBesse27
09-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Thanks Jeff. What are the rules on bumping threads?

jefferyepayne
09-02-2015, 02:07 PM
I don't think we set any hard and fast rules about number / frequency of bumps but would prefer that you post this in the BST section for football if you want to bump it continually.

We agreed to allow occasional WTB posts in this forum (once per week per member) but want to try and steer members to BST if they want to post more often or bump often.

Good luck finding that card and if you do get one, please post it here!

jeff

DBesse27
09-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Thanks Jeff. I'll keep all future bumps to the other forum. In the meantime I am still looking for the card in the title, as well as the 64 Topps Cappelletti mentioned above. Also looking for a raw copy of 1972 U of Alabama playing cards John Hannah 3 of clubs. Looking for that single or a complete deck. Thanks fellas!

jefferyepayne
09-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks Jeff. I'll keep all future bumps to the other forum. In the meantime I am still looking for the card in the title, ...

It might be a long wait. I know people who have been looking for that card for 5-10 years ... or more.

jeff

clamendo
09-03-2015, 08:23 PM
I think with EBay someday one will surface. Actually, I kinda got mine that way. There are actually two (2) Eskimo Pie versions, not all have been seen both ways. But I can tell you 100% that the is a cardboard-backed version, as well as one with a waxy green thin backing like a sticker of the Cappelletti. So, if you use the true definition of master set (which you have an unbelievable collection anyway) you should look for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefferyepayne
09-04-2015, 05:44 AM
I think with EBay someday one will surface. Actually, I kinda got mine that way. There are actually two (2) Eskimo Pie versions, not all have been seen both ways. But I can tell you 100% that the is a cardboard-backed version, as well as one with a waxy green thin backing like a sticker of the Cappelletti. So, if you use the true definition of master set (which you have an unbelievable collection anyway) you should look for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just piling on at this point, Carl :D

Getting one of these is hard enough!

But you are correct. Both the cardboard and sticker backs exist and should be part of the master set.

jeff

DBesse27
09-04-2015, 10:25 AM
I agree fellas, I'm hoping to land one, but will eventually try to add the other as well. Thanks for the kind words too. Carl, do you happen to have a copy of either version of Gino available, or know somebody who does?

clamendo
09-06-2015, 04:48 PM
No I don't sorry, but be patient one will show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DBesse27
04-01-2016, 01:14 PM
I have finally seen a photo of this card and wanted to post it so maybe people will keep an eye out for me:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa463/dbesse27/2C2003F4-E0FF-4E1E-8C12-E7A99889C098.jpg

Thanks in advance!