PDA

View Full Version : A Special Thanks to MattyC

pokerplyr80
08-28-2015, 11:14 PM
So a couple of weeks ago I emailed MattyC to ask a few questions about the 1925 Exhibit Gehrig. I had noticed he had one from his avatar. He gave me some good information, but basically said it's an impossible card to find, and there was only one at the National, the same one that was up on ebay but in pretty rough shape.

Not more than a week passes, and he emails back saying I'm not going to believe what he found. I email him back, and he sends me this. Not only did he find one, but it's in great shape for the grade, and at what I feel is a great price. I couldn't be happier with the card.

Thanks again Matt!

And for those who have asked, this is the reason I'm looking to sell the 1914 CJ Wagner.

freakhappy
08-28-2015, 11:32 PM
Wow! Congrats and great card! Kudos to MattyC as well :)

MattyC
08-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Thanks. But man oh man if I didn't need a few expensive cards to complete my Mantle run, that baby would be with me ;) !!! And of course one pops up the second I can acquire another Lou LOL. Seriously though glad you dig it. Tough card.

Edit to add: wish me luck I am THIS close to adding one of those remaining Mantles!

pawpawdiv9
08-29-2015, 07:07 AM
As i told Jesse, DAMN IT! I guess i be waiting a tad longer. Love the card!!
I wouldnt mind taking the CJ wag off your hand tho.

glchen
08-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Definitely a very sweet card, Jesse. Congratulations!

pokerplyr80
08-29-2015, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys, and good luck to you Matt on your Mantle run. Seems to be coming along nicely. Completion of my own Mantle run had to be put on hold to pick this one up.

smtjoy
08-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Congrats on a sweet card, one of my favorites!