PDA

View Full Version : Hunt - get your internet issues fixed

Runscott
08-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Hunt has a nice selection of items ending tonight, but I've only been able to place one bid - the system keeps dying.

We've discussed AH's having back-up plans - when the catalogs have such small pictures and lot detail isn't even included, it's critical. I don't feel comfortable bidding on some of these lots based on what I can remember from looking at them online previously. I'll place one bid via the phone, but the other 4-5 items I was interested in won't receive bids.

HRBAKER
08-26-2015, 05:20 PM
Are they having issues with CompuServe again?

bcornell
08-26-2015, 05:28 PM
Hunt has a nice selection of items ending tonight, but I've only been able to place one bid - the system keeps dying.

C'mon, they have a phone, too! You can call them because, you know, this Internet thing is just a fad.

Hunt has been the worst auction house going for roughly 15 years.

HRBAKER
08-26-2015, 05:30 PM
C'mon, they have a phone, too! You can call them because, you know, this Internet thing is just a fad.

Hunt has been the worst auction house going for roughly 15 years.

Sounds like consistency you can count on.

Runscott
08-26-2015, 05:32 PM
I did call them and placed a bid on the one item I felt okay about based just on the crappy catalog pic. And they never emailed more pics of the other item I asked about.

Runscott
08-26-2015, 05:35 PM
The worst thing was the defensive attitude of the person I spoke with. Apparently I am the first person ever to complain about not getting a response to an email question. That must mean the first time I complained around 10 years ago and no one other than me has complained since then.

Oh, and my call-in bid still hasn't been placed.

bcornell
08-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Oh, and my call-in bid still hasn't been placed.

This gave me a nasty flashback to circa 2001 when several of my bids (placed by phone or computer? I forget) evaporated in Exton. No apologies and no excuses were forthcoming from Hunt. I've wished them nothing but bad ever since.

Bill

sporteq
08-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Yeah- I'm having the same issues unfortunately.

Runscott
08-26-2015, 05:58 PM
My bid just got placed!

Runscott
08-26-2015, 06:01 PM
It sucks being without internet. We changed providers a week ago and they bit the dust last night - centurylink won't come out to fix their screw-up until at least Saturday. That left me bidding from a crap coffee shop connection. But I am learning to type on a galaxy mini :)

Leon
08-26-2015, 06:30 PM
I was bidding on one lot. This kinda sucks.

sporteq
08-26-2015, 06:47 PM
It may be running a little better.. I just placed 2 bids with NO errors. Stay tuned folks!

keithsky
08-26-2015, 06:47 PM
I can't believe with as much money as they make that they have the crappiest website out there of any auction house. The pictures are small and terrible, descriptions are small. You would think on some of the nice items they have they always just put one picture and never multiple pictures like other auction houses. When they have game used bats they just take one picture. I would like to see what the knob looks like and the barrel and multiple pictures and it's just one picture of the whole bat so you have to email them to have them send you better pictures why not do that in the first place on the website. I complained before about how crappy their website is and after all these years its still the same.

calvindog
08-26-2015, 06:52 PM
I regularly spend 6 figures a year on online auctions for baseball cards and memorabilia. Because of Hunt's ridiculous website and system I don't even peruse their auctions. If you consign with them you need to have your head examined.

gnaz01
08-26-2015, 06:53 PM
I was bidding on one lot. This kinda sucks.

:) I was too

sporteq
08-26-2015, 06:57 PM
I can't believe with as much money as they make that they have the crappiest website out there of any auction house. The pictures are small and terrible, descriptions are small. You would think on some of the nice items they have they always just put one picture and never multiple pictures like other auction houses. When they have game used bats they just take one picture. I would like to see what the knob looks like and the barrel and multiple pictures and it's just one picture of the whole bat so you have to email them to have them send you better pictures why not do that in the first place on the website. I complained before about how crappy their website is and after all these years its still the same.

You would think after 2 decades of being successful, he would upgrade his catalogs/website etc. Maybe to much success has made him lazy.. Not sure what his mindset is, if any.

bcornell
08-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Hunt was the entity that bought the legendary Willow Grove/Ft Washington show. That show ran 4x annually for years and was almost as good as the National. But, have you heard anything about it recently? I doubt it.

They get consignments from people who don't know better and they have a low rent operation, otherwise they'd be gone.

nolemmings
08-26-2015, 07:07 PM
I stupidly spent 25 minutes messing around with their crap-awful website this afternoon. I thought I had blocked their emails but if so one got through today and I foolishly clicked. As far as I'm concerned I got what I deserved--25 minutes of aggravation. Never again, and shame on me for thinking it would be an easier or better experience than the last five times I swore off (and at) their site.

Leon
08-26-2015, 07:16 PM
:) I was too

Oh quit it Greg. double smiley

slidekellyslide
08-26-2015, 07:25 PM
I forgot about it ending tonight...just went and placed some bids with no problems so they must have gotten it fixed.

Leon
08-26-2015, 07:30 PM
I forgot about it ending tonight...just went and placed some bids with no problems so they must have gotten it fixed.

They did seem to get it fixed and the one lot I bid on is already more than I want to pay for it. I am not even the under bidder. Good luck to everyone...

prestigecollectibles
08-26-2015, 07:32 PM
I am one person with sales barely at $150k a year and the auction site I use is much better than Hunt's. I almost never bid in their auctions due to poor images and how difficult it is to navigate. I can't understand why they don't upgrade their platform.

slidekellyslide
08-26-2015, 07:36 PM
Their website without question is the worst in the hobby, but it's hard to get the deals that I used to 5-10 years ago so they probably figure they don't need to change because while it might seem like 90% of Net54 members claim they won't bid in a Hunt auction because of their website, lots of people somewhere are bidding and making it hard to get any kind of a deal.

Runscott
08-26-2015, 08:11 PM
My bids are also working now. As bad as the website software is, the customer 'service' is why I am probably through with them. The older employees really need to take time to train the youngsters on how to listen and how to say 'yes'. In the past I have dealt with some great people who were just hindered by a bad system.

bcornell
08-26-2015, 08:44 PM
The next time Hunt posts on this site will the first time they've ever once posted here. Ever. "We're working on the issue, thanks for your patience", etc.

You know who has a better website than Hunt? Teletrade, and they croaked in 2004. That operation deserves its own story.

I do enjoy the Flash animation on the Hunt homepage; it's almost as good as the T206 Museum (http://t206museum.com/) which, by the way, is still run by a criminal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=112134).

You don't know how much we miss you, Teletrade. (https://web.archive.org/web/20040612051400/http://teletrade.com/)

Edited to add links. Every t206 collector needs to read about Pat Chan. That thread is the single best one on this forum in 14 years.

Peter_Spaeth
08-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Teletrade was great when the only way to bid was by phone; it was all automated and I will never forget that robotic voice. It was also always a challenge to get through right before 10PM to check your bids and place a final one if you had been outbid.

T206Collector
08-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Someone got a sweet deal on that signed T206 of Crawford! About $3,000 less than the last Crawford sold at auction in Heritage.

I sure hope it was bought by a Net54 member!

autograf
08-26-2015, 09:20 PM
The problem is you guys are all using those new-fangled pentium thingys whereas Hunts website is optimized to run on a Commodore 64 using the latest Netscape 1.0 browser......go to Lycos and look it up. I'm not even kidding......

Runscott
08-26-2015, 09:37 PM
This Crawford seemed like a good deal, but the previous one seemed pricey. I won the primary lot I was after tonight.

Orioles1954
08-26-2015, 10:36 PM
I bid primarily on Hunt's warehouse lots and always do very well on them.

chaddurbin
08-26-2015, 11:40 PM
signed t206 marquard for "only" $800? yay prices going down...

hunt is my favorite AH. you guys that have beef with them or pissed they still use the $10 geocities web package...keep staying away. thanks!

bcornell
08-26-2015, 11:57 PM
hunt is my favorite AH. you guys that have beef with them or pissed they still use the $10 geocities web package...keep staying away. thanks!

Leon's battle against board anonymity doesn't include Quan, apparently... Evil triumphs.

Keep on buying that shiny stuff, Q!

sporteq
08-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Teletrade was great when the only way to bid was by phone; it was all automated and I will never forget that robotic voice. It was also always a challenge to get through right before 10PM to check your bids and place a final one if you had been outbid.

Oh man.. I remember having a phone in each hand pushing the redial button till one line got thru. I still have the stacks of them slender catalogs. Anyone know what happened to Greg Manning.. Maybe I'll look him up.

vintagehofrookies
08-27-2015, 09:33 AM
if anyone won lot 930 (Signed Phil. A's Team issues) I would love to work something out for the Kell's

Thanks,
Dan

Runscott
08-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Their buyers premium is one of the lowest.