PDA

View Full Version : Opinions, please - mostly Ted Williams

Bossfan
08-16-2015, 04:05 PM
My friend bought a bunch of items at an estate sale. Because of whose signatures they purport to be, I'm skeptical, but I'd appreciate your thoughts. I can never tell real or fake Ted Williams, but the Unitas-es don't look great to me. Thanks!

Bossfan
08-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Sorry to bother everyone - just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these. I know a lot of you folks really know your Ted Williams autos.

Duluth Eskimo
08-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Generally people will ask for one item, I assume that is why no one wants to respond to you multiple questions. Here is my opinion, for what it's worth.

Williams ball No
Williams ball. No
Dim, Mantle, Williams. No
DiMaggio. Yes
Williams. Yes
Unitas. Yes
Unitas. Sloppy, but I think Yes
Williams. Sloppy enough so no opinion

Bossfan
08-20-2015, 06:03 PM
Hi, I apologize for overreaching - I know in the past I've asked for opinions and responded to requests for opinions on multiple items, so I thought this was okay, but I certainly appreciate what you're saying. Thanks for the opinions!

Mr. Zipper
08-22-2015, 07:49 AM
Williams ball No
Williams ball. No
Dim, Mantle, Williams. No
DiMaggio. Yes
Williams. Yes
Unitas. Yes
Unitas. Sloppy, but I think Yes
Williams. Sloppy enough so no opinion

I have no opinion with the Unitas items, but otherwise agree.

The first three are 100% slam dunk fakes. The remainder appear ok, except the last one is inconclusive IMO.

Bossfan
08-23-2015, 05:33 AM
I have no opinion with the Unitas items, but otherwise agree.

The first three are 100% slam dunk fakes. The remainder appear ok, except the last one is inconclusive IMO.
Thanks!

keithsky
08-23-2015, 10:44 AM
To me any item with dimaggio, mantle and williams together always seem to be fake from the operation bullpen Marino stuff back in the 90's