PDA

View Full Version : Question on PSA Historic Autograph Cards

rocarroll
08-14-2015, 12:31 PM
I've been contemplating buying a few of the T 206 PSA authenticated Historic Autograph cards but haven't heard much about them. I was curious what the general perception of the cards are with people here. Do you think these will hold their value pretty well, is there a good market for them?

Someone that I deal with has one and it is just a common card T 206 with a cut autograph from an index card. He said he would take $80 for it. Thing is I wouldn't want to buy just one I'd want to build a collection of them but just not sure its worth putting resources to.

I would just like to hear people's thought on these, thanks

chaddurbin
08-14-2015, 12:41 PM
the whole presentation is cool for the novelty of putting card/auto together in one place, but just know you can probably buy them cheaper separately. also you don't know if the card has been altered because only the auto is authenticated.

2k for the cobb below that would most likely grade a 1 if unaltered? meh...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Historic-Autograph-HA-ORIGINALS-1909-Diamond-TY-COBB-T206-PSA-auto-signed-/201390707111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ee3d251a7&nma=true&si=hL4SakLcprIT6L9AcE%252FoZx2RMyY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Danny Smith
08-14-2015, 12:47 PM
I think they are pretty cool. Reality is you can most likely buy the cut and the card for cheaper but it is a fun concept. I've bought a couple boxes each year and had a blast opening them. Value has seemed to hold from last year's release but it's all a matter of supply and demand in the long run.

I have also had a chance to drink a few beers with Kevin who owns it so I'm a little biased but I do really like what he's doing with the older stuff.