PDA

View Full Version : 1936 1940 Chicago Baseball tickets?

smokelessjoe
08-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Baseball tickets are not really my thing... I have trouble figuring out who, what, when and I am often not sure if it is correct when I do figure out something. Obviously have been stuck to something at one time... How do you guys typical go about figuring out what happened the day of the ticket?

Is there anything special about these tickets?

Scott Garner
08-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Shawn,
Unfortunately, not much happened history-wise that would draw interest in any of these three games. The first two games are from the regular season and the third is from what appears to be a spring training game.

I use retrosheet.org to look up what happened in individual games, FYI.

smokelessjoe
08-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Thank you Scott,

I have seen retrosheet.org mention many times on Net54 and have never once visited it! I think, in my mind I always associated it with Baseballreference.com which I have used. Crazy...

whitehse
08-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Spring training game? That ticket is from the old Chicago Stadium and was more than likely a Black Hawk game. I have to look it up but I am 99.91 percent positive this will be a hawks game since no baseball would be played in the Chicago Stadium.

Scott Garner
08-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Andrew is correct.
My apologies, I stand corrected. I saw the March date and immediately stopped looking.
Obviously not a baseball ticket. No idea on if it was a great hockey game though... :)

whitehse
08-12-2015, 08:01 PM
The Hawks played a home game against the Montreal Maroons on March 12, 1936 which would fit with the time frame of the remainder of these stubs. This game would have been the final home game of the year against the champion Maroons.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1936/03/12/page/21/article/hawks-play-maroons-tonight-in-home-final