PDA

View Full Version : Core Four Signed Guitar

JoeMoe
08-09-2015, 12:23 AM
I picked this guitar up last year strictly as a display piece being I'm a sports collector and an amateur musician. One day I decided to combine my two passions. Mariano was at a card show this past spring so I got his signature first, then I noticed that Jeter, Pettitte, and Posada were all doing signings at Steiner Sports in the months of May/June. I dropped it off at Steiner in early May. I think it came out great...

My new favorite piece:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Joey-M/IMG_0094_zps9s4jar4x.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Joey-M/media/IMG_0094_zps9s4jar4x.jpg.html)

Sophiedog
08-09-2015, 02:38 AM
WOW!!!!! Incredible! If I can ask what was the total price for guitar and sigs?

bnorth
08-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Very nice piece with great placement of the signatures.

Jay Wolt
08-09-2015, 06:58 AM
That's a cool piece.
May I suggest obtaining a Bernie Williams as well.
He played alongside the core4 and plays a mean guitar

JoeMoe
08-09-2015, 07:43 AM
WOW!!!!! Incredible! If I can ask what was the total price for guitar and sigs?

I'm into it for about 2k

That's a cool piece.
May I suggest obtaining a Bernie Williams as well.
He played alongside the core4 and plays a mean guitar

Great idea, but I just want to keep this guitar a Core Four only piece. I'd have Bernie sign an acoustic or classical guitar since that's what he plays. Originally I was just going to have as many Yankees as possible sign it, but thought it would just get too crowded and ruin the graphic. I ended up just buying a Yankees guitar strap which is white w/pinstripes and is about 2.5 inches wide for other Yankees to sign.

packs
08-09-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm still needing Andy to complete my core four baseball, with Torre on the sweet spot. I remember his signing but thought it was too expensive. Now that I think about it more, I probably should have coughed up the cash.

gregr2
08-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Love it! That is a great piece.

Sophiedog
08-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Great Piece and Great Price....One of the nicest pieces with Jeter I've seen!

JoeMoe
08-09-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm still needing Andy to complete my core four baseball, with Torre on the sweet spot. I remember his signing but thought it was too expensive. Now that I think about it more, I probably should have coughed up the cash.

He's doing a private signing on the 24th of this month if you want to send it to Steiner...

Mr. Zipper
08-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Great idea, but I just want to keep this guitar a Core Four only piece.

The Core Four is a construct recognized by modern day Yankee fans... but not sure how long it will last... and why wasn't Bernie included anyway? Because he came up and retired a few years earlier? They still all were home grown talent in the championship years.

While I would add Bernie, I agree with no cluttering it with many more. Quite a unique piece. :)

JoeMoe
08-09-2015, 04:48 PM
The Core Four is a construct recognized by modern day Yankee fans... but not sure how long it will last... and why wasn't Bernie included anyway?

I couldn't agree with you more about Bernie. The only reasons I can think of why he's not included is the other 4 players all debuted in the same year,1995, all got 5 rings, and all played in the minors together. Plus Bernie retired before the last championship. I still think it should have been the "Fab 5" instead of the "Core 4".

As far as how long it will last, probably a long time because in the future the Yankees will have them do appearances a few times a year plus the old timers game every year, big ceremonies when Jeter & Rivera go into the Hall of Fame, which is right about the time this guitar will be for sale...;)