PDA

View Full Version : Passing of the guard. Lipset collection to be auctioned by Huggins and Scott.

Brian Van Horn
08-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Sorry, guys I do not have a link, but just received the e-mail that Huggins and Scott will be auctioning over the next years the Lew Lipset collection.

ullmandds
08-05-2015, 02:17 PM
Can't wait to see what comes out of lews collection

darwinbulldog
08-05-2015, 02:58 PM
I feel sorry for everyone who gets into pre-war cards a few years from now. These are the good old days.

bwbc917
08-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Haven't found anything of late interesting in their auctions. Bet that changes!!!!

Jay Wolt
08-05-2015, 03:53 PM
There's just the general info that Lew chose H&S to auction off his collection over the next few years.

As the items get cataloged & scanned, am sure H&S will let us know.
Here's the Email that I rec'd

Huggins & Scott Auctions 301-608-0355

Dear Old Judge Customer,

When Lew recently invited me out to his home in Carefree, Arizona, I hopped on a plane and bee-lined to see him. Having known Lew as a hobby associate, but more importantly as a friend and mentor for over 35 years, I was excited to see what remained from his historic collection of baseball and golf memorabilia. Suffice it to say that I wasn’t disappointed…

Now I'm pleased to announce that Huggins & Scott will be auctioning the Lew Lipset Collection over the next few years in a series of special catalog sections. Lew has been generous enough to share his extensive mailing list with us, so it is with his permission that we have contacted you.

AUCTION BIDDING:

If you are not already on the H&S mailing list and would like to start receiving our catalogs, please respond to josh@hugginsandscott.com with your name, address and phone number and we will start sending you catalogs beginning with our November sale.

CONSIGNMENTS:

If you have any vintage memorabilia that you might like to place in future Huggins & Scott auctions, be it single items, groupings or entire collections, please feel free to contact Ron Oser at roser@hugginsandscott.com or by phone at 215.880.5416

BeanTown
08-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I thought he has been selling off his collection for years. I thought the last of his collection was listed on his website earlier this year. Will look forward in seeing if any gems are left that have not already been seen. Wonder how many collections are out there that do not have any graded cards in it (old-time collectors before grading companies were around).

glchen
08-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Right, I would assume it would be his collection on his sale page: Link (http://www.oldjudge.com/sale_page/), and perhaps a few additional items.

sporteq
08-05-2015, 04:31 PM
oh wow- this should be good.:):)

BobbyVCP
08-05-2015, 04:38 PM
N172 Old Judge James McDonald, Sacramento PCL in a SGC 86

Wonder if he is letting this go or already has?

oldjudge
08-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Huggins and Scott bring on Ron Oser will go down as the best pickup of the year. No one is better than Ron!

BeanTown
08-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Huggins and Scott bring on Ron Oser will go down as the best pickup of the year. No one is better than Ron!

+1

1880nonsports
08-05-2015, 06:20 PM
+1
maybe I'll finally get an auction catalog from them.....

sporteq
08-05-2015, 07:11 PM
I miss Ron Oser's auctions from 15 or so years ago. Great auctions with superior costumer service.