PDA

View Full Version : 2 Snipes at same exact time

perezfan
08-05-2015, 10:03 AM
When an ebay seller has the same ending time (down to the second) on multiple items, does it create a sniping issue? In other words, can two separate snipes go off successfully at the same exact time? Anybody here ever tried it (and had it work for both items?)

It seems like it would behoove sellers to stagger their ending times just slightly, simply to avoid any such issues. But perhaps it's not even a concern. Looking for some quick feedback, and thanks in advance for any input/advice/experience.

slinger23
08-05-2015, 10:15 AM
I personally have never experienced an issue with auctions ending at the same time with a snipe service. I have used esnipe and it was mainly for $25 or less items but it worked on sellers that did bulk listings that ended at the same. Since each item has a unique item # there should be no conflict or issue unless eBay has crashed.

Duluth Eskimo
08-05-2015, 10:40 AM
I use Esnipe and have never had a problem. I have placed multiple bids like that with the same buyer without issue in the past. I don't think you have anything to worry about. However, if it is an item I must have I do a manual bid and snipe to ensure I get it. Good luck. Hopefully it's a pennant

vintagesportscollector
08-05-2015, 11:12 AM
Can't imagine it would be an issue. Snipe services handle a lot of volumne aross many buyers and listings. I expect every day they handle many separate snipes going off at the same exact time. I am sure you don't need to worry unless they are running their service with a first generation TI 1980 computer. :o

bobfreedman
08-05-2015, 02:27 PM
When an ebay seller has the same ending time (down to the second) on multiple items, does it create a sniping issue? In other words, can two separate snipes go off successfully at the same exact time? Anybody here ever tried it (and had it work for both items?)

It seems like it would behoove sellers to stagger their ending times just slightly, simply to avoid any such issues. But perhaps it's not even a concern. Looking for some quick feedback, and thanks in advance for any input/advice/experience.

As bids come in, the database looks at the date time stamp (down to hundredths of seconds is my guess) and based on the time stamp, it declares the winner based on the highest bid and if there the same, whoever bids come in first according to the database date time stamp. Two bid never can come in at the same time exactly.
We may place a bid with three seconds to go but the bid can come in at anytime within that 3 seconds left +/- hundredths of seconds

perezfan
08-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Ok... Thanks everyone. Guess there's no reason for concern then.

I'm going to be away from cell coverage at the time of closing, or else I would do one manually and snipe the other. Looks like that's not necessary, which is nice :)

mcgwirecom
08-05-2015, 05:11 PM
The only time its an issue is if you set up a bid group. There is an option to bid on one item and if you don't get it to place a bid on another going off later. In this case the second auction has to be at least 5 minutes after the first.

Fballguy
08-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Mears did that with a bunch of pennants about a year and a half ago. They had 25-30 pennants all ending at the exact same time. Never used a sniping service. Just did it the old fashioned way. I kept multiple windows open all set on a different pennant with max bid entered just waiting for submit to be hit. When the clock hit 5 seconds I began my assault. I was hoping to get at least 2 of the 5 I was interested in. I ended up getting 4 of 5. Spent a little more that day than I was planning on. ;)